Captain Burkhardt

I walked into the precinct to find all of the officers standing around then suddenly started clapping, I looked to Nick who smiled and joined in with the clapping.

Me:"Thank you, I know your all used to Captain Renard. I'll be taking his place for the time being, well I guess get back to it and I'll be in the office."

A few whistles appeared causing me to laugh as I walked onto Sean's office. I sat down at his desk feeling so out of place but it's just for a week til he's back on his feet, how hard can his job be?

~~~~

Nick walked into the office with Hank and Wu then closed the door behind him.

Nick:"Is the chair comfortable?"
Me:"This chair is like sitting on a cloud so how dare he keep this from me."

The guys laughed then sat down,

Nick:"Once he comes back will you be sticking around?"
Me:"Honestly? I don't know, let's see how the week goes and I'll have my answer then."
Nick:"Fair enough."
Me:"What made you bring the ring?"

Nick smiled softly,

Nick:"Like I told you, we've been on good terms after you went into a coma."
Me:"About that what happened?"

Hank laughed and I knew it wasn't good so I glared at Nick.

Nick:"Okay you have the right to know I did warn him that you would find out when you woke up but anyways it was a week after you slipped into a coma we were still at each other's throat and worrying about you didn't help either of us. Anyway my point is Sean and I did brawl it out a little then he explained your condition to me and ever since we've been on good terms."
Me:"You two did what?!"
Nick:"Relax Monroe was there, it didn't go far even though Sean threw most of the puches."

I rolled my eyes and sighed,

Me:"I knew it would happen eventually, but your on good terms correct?"
Nick:"That's right."
Me:"Okay, I can get over the fighting as long as it's behind the two of you especially since we're getting married."
Nick:"I know and I can't wait."

I stared at Nick for a long moment,

Me:"Right?"
Nick:"No I seriously am Sy, he worked so hard to help wake you up and not to mention helping to get your memories back."
Me:"I know, Sean will never stop when it comes to me, Nick. You should have known that."
Nick:"I did but now I believe it."

I looked at the clock then stood up,

Me:"Continue this later I need to go before I'm late."
Nick:"Late for what?"
Me:"Lunch with Sean."

Nick laughed then nodded,

Nick:"Go on, we can handle things here but I'll call if we need you."
Me:"Okay."

~~~

I walked into Sean's hospital room to see him smile and sit up once he saw me.

Sean:"Hey darling, how's your first day?"
Me:"Kinda boring but I love the chair."

Sean laughed and leaned up to kiss me.

Sean:"Comfortable isn't it?"
Me:"Very comfortable."
Sean:"How did the guys handle you taking over for me?"
Me:"Surprisingly they were all waiting for me to walk in then they started clapping."
Sean:"Because they know who your soon to be husband is."
Me:"Yea I'm sure that's the reason."

Sean grinned then pulled me to him for another kiss. I sat beside him with a smile,

Me:"What did you eat for lunch?"

Sean scoffed and rolled his eyes,

Sean:"Tasteless meatloaf."
Me:"My poor baby, don't worry when you get out of here I'll know just the thing to cook you."
Sean:"Will that be before or after you and I spend some alone time together?"