Tears In The Rain

Jenna's POV: Me and Emma have been arguing on and off these past couple of weeks. It's getting really tiring. To be fair, I've been the one who's made a lot of mistakes. Emma has done nothing but comfort me through all the darkness in me. I made a lot of promises that I broke. Lately, she hasn't been my first priority.

Emma's POV: I hate when me and Jenna fight. It doesn't make sense, I'm always there for her, but she turns away a from me like I haven't done anything for her. She's hurting me a lot, making me feel like I'm doing all of this for nothing. I guess I wasn't as important to her as I thought I was. Me and Jenna were at my house. It was about 8am, Jenna was downstairs. I got up and went to go greet Jenna in the nicest way possible. I didn't want all this bad tension between us. Her back was leaned against the kitchen counter on her phone. God she looked so good. I walked over to her, giving her a faint smile. She looked at me, her eyes immediately dilating. She set her phone on the counter, faced down, and gave me a deep hug closing her eyes. I moved forward until her back bumped the counter. I kissed her neck, but she quickly pushed me away, knowing where this was going if she hadn't stopped me.
"Emma you know we can't." She said out of breath.
"But we can." I said with a grin, giggling. I knew she'd never turn down my sweet little smile.
"Emma, I'm serious." She said with a straight face. Oh. She wasn't playing any games. She's never acted like this.
"What's wrong Jenna. You never act like this with me." I said, getting frustrated.
"Why are you always wanting to just have sex with me." Jenna said.
"I don't want just that. I want to love you and care for you like I always have been. I just wanted some alone time with you. We haven't in a while and I just wanted to make you feel loved." I said.
"You've been avoiding me these past couple days and now all of a sudden you want alone time?" She said angrily.
"I wanted to give you some space. I didn't want to overwhelm you with a lot of things in case you didn't want it." I said.
"I really can't take this anymore." Jenna said releasing a sigh of frustration.
"Is that it. You're just gonna leave?" I said.
"I can't be around you anymore. It's too draining." She said.
"Too draining? I've done so much for you and you don't want to even be around me anymore? You broke me like I was one of your stupid little promises. And now you don't want anything to do with me? My mistake was making you a priority when I was your second option. You clearly have more important things to do. You picked the sweetest words to make me fall in love, and you picked the most toxic reason to leave. When you were at your lowest I was there for you. And when I was at mine, I held my own. You turned into everything you said you would never be." I said, tears rolling down my face.
"Emma, I need to move on from this, I need a break." Jenna said. And with that, Jenna went for a walk out the door. She forgot the good things about me. And she let it slip away.