Fight or Flight Part 3

Start from the beginning

Y/N: If I didn't I wouldn't have saved you back there!

Kara: Then next time! Don't even come at all!

Y/N doesn't answer after that looking a bit down... he still remembered the argument with Alex like if it was a minute ago. He nodded looking at Kara... slowly regretting what she said.

Y/N: Fine.

He walks away towards the door opening it.

Y/N: Sorry for 'stealing your moment.' But I'm not sorry for saving you.

He closed the door quite hard as Kara looks away extremely ashamed even hands in her face sniffing.

Alex: You didn't have to get angry at him like that. Your heart stopped beating when you arrived here.

Kara: I know, I know. It's just that...

Alex: You're insecure?

Kara: Yes! I wanted to become Supergirl to be like Clark but... it's too hard to be like him, having people saving me again, and again and again it's-

Alex: Okay... no one can always work alone. Not even Superman did, he's had his few team ups with The Batman, a superhuman much weaker than your cousin and yet... he has saved him dozens of times and vice versa.

Kara: Yes, but-

Alex: Kara... this is your origin story, you will make mistakes, you will have near death experiences but no one is ever working alone. Clark had his help also from the Fortress, his father's hologram, the same way he had his help, you have ours... James, Winn... Y/N... even if you stop... they will still have your back, they're your friends...  your best friends. And you what's the difference between a friend and a best friend? That they will have your back, they will aid you, help you, they will be family even if you try pushing them away sometimes.

Kara looks away to the window looking outside with her arms crossed holding her elbows.

Kara: I can't be a hero if I keep being saved.

Alex: Being saved and allies are part of becoming one. Right now your a rookie, you will have moments where your going to be saved but in time... you will save them, and you will accomplish wonders.

Kara sniffs looking away having both hands in her eyes.

Kara: I screwed up. I shouldn't have judged Y/N, should've listened James-

Alex: That's in the past, focus on what's now.

Alex grabs her sisters wrist slowly separating them as a tear falls from her eyes.

Alex: They will forgive you... James at least will, Y/N? He will grumble his way through your forgiveness... I mean... he is "grumbles" after all.

Kara: *crying but smiling* Y-You called him that.

Alex: It is a nice nickname. *cleans her sister's tears* Now. For your party that you did for Cat Grant-

Kara: Crap! The party! I don't have a dress or anything close-

Alex: It's fine. Got you a dress from the DEO... it is bulletproof.

Kara looked at her sister smiling.