Chapter Twelve

Tristan

The first training session and the ones later on up till now went really well. She picked up writing with the quill rather quickly. Her handwriting however looked nothing like my sister's. I wasn't very worried about that though since my mother had never seen her writing before which was due to me being the one to teach her how to write. Aside from that, my sister did not write much anyway. All she had ever written in was this diary which my mother had never asked to see but it did not hurt to be prepared. 

My mother was often prone to random flights of fantasy. You could never be certain of anything with her which was really stressful but then again she had always been like this. It just got a lot worse after we lost Trista. This did not mean that I disliked her by any means. I still wanted her to be happy but I needed a break sometimes which I luckily got from Lily.

I had finally found my favourite part of the day aka the training sessions. This one right now was the fifth session and we had been at these for five days.  I had never felt as happy as I felt now in the sixteen years after we lost Trista. I had finally found a happy reason to look forward to the days ahead and it was all because of Lily.

Other than writing with the quill, we had started on Trista's mannerisms and likes. This part was going extremely well 

My train of thought was interrupted by Lily who startled me by tapping me on my shoulder. "What were you thinking so seriously about Tristan? I kept calling out five times but you did not budge." I replied "Ah I'm sorry, I was just thinking about what we should do next. Anyway, why did you need me?" she said, "I just wanted to tell you I finished writing the tenth entry of her diary. That provided me with a lot of information and I feel like I know her a little better."

I said happily, "I am glad that it served the purpose, lets pick up entry eleven tomorrow and after I review your writing. We can move to the next step." She nodded and handed me the notebook. Sadly though her handwriting still looked very different from Trista's but it was way better than yesterday so I said, "It still isn't enough to fool my mom if she asks for the diary but it is improvement. Let us have a pop quiz now." She nodded determinedly and waited for my first question.

My first question was tricky, "Who was your best friend?" and pat came her answer, "You're my best friend, I don't need anyone else." I was overjoyed and applauded, "You started strong! Great job Lily!" she smiled and said, "Thanks Tristan, now next question." "What is your happiest memory with us?"

This answer took a little longer but not too long, "My happiest memory was when the three of us went to Reelton in disguise. That was the first glimpse I had of the outlanders. Their culture absolutely fascinated me and I really want to go there again." "You are doing great, now describe the experience."

She was quicker this time and gave a great description, "We went on a weekend and disguised ourselves using contacts and an invisibility potion on our folded wings made by you and mom together the day before. We stayed there all the way until nightfall and I did not want to come home at all because of how many friends I made there and the food you on the other hand had a terrible time and sulked the entire time." I retorted, "I did not!"

She smirked and said, "That is what Trista wrote about you. She said the reason you had a terrible time was because she made many more friends than you while everyone avoided you." I flushed in embarrassment and mentally cursed Trista while she chuckled at the expression on my face.

I whined, "Stop laughing." But she did not stop so I decided to take revenge, "You are way worse than me in that department." She stopped laughing and asked me lazily, "What makes you think that?" "I had friends in class but the only person you had was Aasha. So you were technically a loner." It was only after I finished that I realised what I had done.