༉‧₊˚. 36 ; eun-ji x jinnie not real

yuki woke up around four in the morning, stomach grumbling. those snacks from the movie they'd all watched together two hours before definitely weren't enough. she carefully got up out of aura's bed, making sure she didn't wake her up as she moved. she stepped over lex, kirin and aiko who were all huddled together in a very cozy-looking pile of blankets and plushies on the floor.

she unwrapped the banana bread wrapper, taking a big bite and leaning back against the cool pantry wall. miju and aiko were right, aura's banana bread tasted so much better when it was stolen.

she gasped when she heard voices, taking another bite of her stolen good, quickly turning off the pantry light and throwing the plastic wrapper on the floor so it wouldn't make any noise. hopefully it wasn't aura.

it took a little bit of listening close for her to realise it was eun-ji and jinnie.

"i need you to understand, jinnie. i really do like you too, but we almost got caught today and i don't think it'll last any longer."

"so what if yeona almost found out? why do you care so much if she knows? it honestly feels like you're embarrassed of me half of the time."

the both of them stopped in the kitchen. yuki wished they would just go and have this petty little argument somewhere else.

"i'm not embarrassed. i like you a lot."

"no, you don't. you can't even say you love me. what the hell is 'i like you'? it feels like we're some awkward straight couple in middle school! in case you forgot, we're gay, eun-ji!"

eun-ji stayed silent.

"look at jungwon and yuki. they were the perfect example of an awkward straight couple when they just started dating. did you see jungwon the first time they got a dating scandal? but they love each other way more than anything. and way fucking more than you do."

yuki nibbled at her (aura's) banana bread hearing that. she wished it was still that easy.

"jinnie. people who love each other don't break up through some fucking letter."

yuki felt her heart drop.

how did she know?

there was no way she could have known.

she'd only told jinnie and yeona. jinnie would never tell eun-ji. and yeona... it was stupid to even begin to think that yeona would talk to her.

jinnie clearly hadn't realised yet. she was still going off. yuki was impressed. jinnie was usually just a sweet angel. but when she was mad, it felt like she wasn't jinnie anymore. when she was mad, she changed into the fierce xu jinyang that she was deep down.

jinnie was two different people deep down, just like jungwon was. jungwon was her kind, loving boyfriend. and that asshole from high school. 

jinnie could differentiate between herself and scary xu jinyang. so why couldn't jungwon do the same?

she took another bite.

"that's not true! they broke up loving each other. and they'll probably work it out, because unlike us, they have amazing chemistry and they care about each other their relationship. and- wait. what the fuck? how do you know about that?"

"i... it doesn't matter, okay? it's-it's four in the morning, we should go to be-"

"no. you tell me right fucking now or i'll tell yuki. i won't hesitate, i'm not a girl-code breaker like you. i swear to god, if you influenced that idiot jungwon again i won't be so nice to you this time."

eun-ji sighed.

"fine, okay. jungwon told me."

yuki choked on her banana bread. fuck.

it was only mere seconds before jinnie flung the door open, making eye contact with her.

"yuki? what are you doing here?"

she shamefully walked out of the pantry.

"i swear i didn't mean to eavesdrop. i was stealing aura's banana bread and i thought it was her."

eun-ji looked distraught. jinnie put a hand on her shoulder understandingly.

"it's okay, don't worry." she smiled, before looking awkwardly back at eun-ji, "i think someone owes us both an explanation. come on, let's sit down."

after eun-ji had fully explained herself yuki felt slightly disappointed. she honestly had wished that eun-ji had in fact influenced jungwon again. then this would be easily solvable. but she didn't.

eun-ji directly messaged jungwon about yuki on the day she had fainted because she was worried and she wanted to know where she could go to visit her. since that day they had been talking. jungwon vented to eun-ji about what was happening and she listened.

she told him to follow his heart and do something that wouldn't hurt either of them. she had no idea about the letter until around midnight when she asked him if things had gone well with yuki

when he told her what he'd done she called him an idiot and told him that was the opposite of what her advice was.

he said he knew. but he cared more about yuki than himself.

eun-ji also apologised to yuki for the other jungwon ordeal. which yuki accepted and gave her the warmest hug. the both of them had teared up.

now yuki was laying back beside aura, trying to get in the extra two hours of sleep she had left before having to get up and get ready for filming.

she'd found out in a text from manager lee a few hours ago that jungwon had told her they weren't together anymore.

the meeting about her and jungwon was discontinued since they'd already broken up.

they were expecting to see a statement about the two of them having dated in the past and now not being together anymore on the official accounts at some point.

it hurt just thinking about it.

it had all ended too fast, it felt like a fever dream.

the thought of jungwon made a lump form in her throat.

the last thing he'd messaged her on instagram was on the day she'd fainted. he told her he loved her and that everything would be okay.

everything was not okay.

everything was awful.

she felt tears brink her eyes as she rolled over to face the wall, curling her knees into her chest, hugging her legs.

if this was a dream, she needed to wake up soon before she went insane.