༉‧₊˚. 35 ; the letter

yuki closed her door behind her and sat at the edge of her bed, taking the envelope and ripping it open. she didn't use nearly the same amount of care she had for the other letter. if she wasn't extremely curious she would have torn the stupid thing into shreds.

she unfolded the paper and begun to read.

꒰ა ♡ ໒꒱

"

dearest yuki,

before i begin with this mess, are you okay? i am so, so sorry that i wasn't there to see you. if i'm honest, i knew as soon as you woke up. aiko had messaged me and i saw just seconds after. i wanted so badly to just put everything i cared about aside and run to you. but i stopped myself in fear for you.

that day when you fainted i couldn't help but blame it on myself. i should have stopped you from hiding it. i should have stopped you from going on this tour altogether. it was because of me that you were unconscious in that ambulance, coughing up blood and in a coma for three entire days. if we could have caught it early you would've healed properly and never would have to deal with all of that.

and then you woke up and i completely ghosted you. i left you with zero explanation after you had been so sick that you fainted for three days. all because i was too afraid to face you.

as if i didn't feel guilty enough, i just needed to check twitter. when i saw it, i couldn't believe what was before my eyes. everybody was against you. everybody was hating on you, calling you all sorts of things, completely dehumanizing you.

and it was my fault. if i had never been messaging you with that mirror behind me, if i had never taken you out all those times in public, if i had just been just a little more careful you wouldn't have to go through all of this.

this all made me realise how uncapable i am. i don't deserve you, yuki, and even if i love you more than anything in the world, i know that if i truly do care for you, i'll let you go and be with someone who can make the right decisions for you. i want to be with you more than i want to live, but i also want what's right for you, and if that means letting you go, then that's what i will have to do.

i know that you must be furious with me now, and i'm so sorry. i've never changed since high school, have i? i'm still the stupid jungwon who broke your heart back then, and no matter how i much i don't want to believe it, he is me and i am him.

just promise me that you are going to look after yourself and find someone better, okay?

i love you so much, yuki.

sincerely, jungwon

"

꒰ა ♡ ໒꒱

yuki sat there in shock, tears uncontrollably racing down her cheeks and dripping onto the paper.

she didn't know how she felt. sad. angry. frustrated.

heartbroken. that was the word. she felt the same way she did that fateful day in front of jugwon's school, after he'd turned her down. he had gotten onto the bus by now and five minutes had passed. but her heart still felt like it was being ripped out of her chest and stomped all over. the weather had shifted from a light shower to a heavy, pelting rainstorm.

much like it had in the present. mother nature must've been mocking her. it was pouring down.

she wiped at her teary eyes and sat up when aiko opened the door and stuck her head in. 

"yuki! hey, when did you get back?"

"just now. aura and miju are back, right?"

aiko nodded, making yuki stand up, holding the paper tight. aiko quickly noticed that it was jungwon's gift.

"alright, thanks." she said softly, before walking out of the door. she held the letter to her chest, going across the hall to aura and miju's room, knocking on the door.

aura opened the door smiling when she saw yuki.

"hey, what's up?"

yuki didn't expect herself to break down in tears so fast.

aura's eyes widened as she cupped the younger's cheeks, forcing eye contact.

"are you okay?"

she shook her head as aura put an arm around her and pulled her inside the room. 

xierra and miju were sat on the floor, playing uno. normally yuki would hesitate with things like this around xierra, knowing how she would react. but right now she couldn't stop the tears from cascading down her cheeks.

aura wrapped her arms around her in a warm hug, patting the back of her head.

"it's okay, we're right here. you can tell us what's wrong."

she struggled for words, not knowing how to explain it in a way that would make jungwon sound at least slightly better. 

she didn't hate him after all. yuki didn't think anything he could do would make her hate him.

but there way no way to say what he did nicely. so she didn't

"jungwon," she said as aura held her jaw and wiped her tear with her thumb, "broke up with me."

"he did what!?" xierra yelled, sitting up. miju put a hand on her shoulder.

"calm down, it's okay." miju said. xierra shook her head.

"it's not fucking okay. first he ghosted her and then he just breaks up with her out of nowhere? all while she's only just recovered from being so sick that she was hospitalized for four days? he's asking for it, what an asshole."

yuki buried her face in aura's shoulder. she knew xierra was right. and she wished she wasn't.

"alright, alright. we'll sort this out tomorrow, okay? do you wanna play uno with us?"

yuki sniffled and nodded.

for the rest of they day she spent time with the three of them, playing games and just sitting there and gossiping. when it was well past midnight, aura invited the other three members and they all had a sleepover in miju and aura's room together. even if she was scared that her crying ass would make a fuss to aura who was sleeping next to her, she found it nice that she was with everyone else tonight. and with aura hugging her shivering body, she didn't even end up crying herself to sleep like she had planned, instead drifting off to dreamland encased in the warmest hug and fluffiest blankets.

꒰ა ♡ ໒꒱

aura pls stop bias wrecking me ahahahaha thanks

omg i love her haewon lee hand in marriage pls???

im xiexie biased i swear