༉‧₊˚. 39 ; SO ILL RUN TO U

jungwon laid awake in bed.

as he did the night before.

and the night before that.

and all the nights since his birthday.

he knew what he did could be seen as stupid. and maybe it was. but it was safe.

he couldn't hurt yuki if he was nowhere near yuki.

he rolled over to his side and took his phone from the bedside table. sunoo and riki were both fast asleep in their beds. lucky them. they were in happy stable relationships where they didn't have to feel worried for their girlfriends because of themselves.

but they also didn't make nearly as many idiotic decisions as jungwon did. they deserved their happy relationships.

he unlocked his phone and went on twitter.

yuki's account was the first one that popped up on his timeline. he was still not sure why she never blocked him.

the post made him smile. it was a picture of her posing with a my melody plushie. she was adorable. he pressed on her profile without even realising it.

the next post made him worried. she said that she was going crazy and that she was going to cry because she was having trouble singing for the channel and it was too late to change her mind. he furrowed his eyebrows in concern. he hoped she was okay. she was always too hard on herself for things like these.

the next post made him sit up in his bed from shock. it was a picture of oh doseok. the guy who yuki went out with in high school. the guy he used to be close friends with. what was he doing in new york? and why was he with yuki?

the most recent post made his blood boil. it was her saying her loved doseok. and doseok replied to it saying he loved her too. 

he knew it was platonic. yuki wasn't like that. and she'd only just met him again tonight. moreover, she was forever saying things like that to her friends.

even if it wasn't platonic, it wasn't his business.

if jungwon knew all of this, why did he feel so jealous?

she wasn't his girlfriend anymore. and he wasn't her boyfriend.

still he gritted his teeth and held his hands into tight fists. this guy had just came into her life and then left her, why did she care so much about him? was she already getting over him?

he felt his heart drop when he realised he had done the exact same thing. he came in, loved her and then left her.

he was an asshole.

he wasn't helping.

he wasn't protecting her.

he wasn't acting like he loved her.

eun-ji was right. he was an idiot.

he checked the time she had uploaded her last post. only two minutes before the present. yuki was borderline insomniac. she would have to still be awake.

he clambered out of bed, grabbing his coat and his phone before running out of the door. 

he was running down the streets like a crazy person. the teddy bear pyjamas and fluffly brown slippers he was wearing not really helping to adorn his figure.

but he didn't care. he honestly didn't know if he had any priorities other than food, water, oxygen and yuki.

no. it was just yuki.

all that other stuff could be put on hold, forever if we wasn't with yuki.

when he reached the hotel he was puffed out. he'd broken into a cold sweat and his clothes were sticking to his skin. he was sure he looked even more crazy now.

he checked the time. now it'd been seven minutes since her post.

he raised his hand hesitantly. what if she had fallen asleep? what if she didn't answer?

even if she did answer, would she really want to hear what he had to say?

he knew he didn't deserve her time. but he wanted it. he needed it. he yearned for it.

even if she saw him and slammed the door in his face, he would feel a little content. at least he would have seen her.

he didn't waste anymore time. he knocked on the door and waited.

he felt like a creep. who the hell runs to their ex's hotel and knocks on the door at one in the morning?

he stood there and stared at the door.

she wasn't coming, was she?

he had missed his chance.

he felt like he had to take his phone out of his pocket and directly message "gg" to that oh doseok bitch.

he felt his heart soar as he saw the door handle turn.

yuki opened the door. she was wearing the yellow duck pyjama set jungwon bought her.

her eyes widened when she made eye contact with him.

"jungwon? what are y-"

he pulled her into his chest, not saying a word as he felt tears come to his eyes.

yuki didn't know what she was meant to do. hug back? push him away?

of course she knew what she wanted to do. she wanted to hug him into a different universe.

but would it be right?

she felt herself begin to cry as she blinked back a tear. she put an arm around him and entangled her fingers in his hair with the other.

who gave a fuck if it was right?

"you're an idiot." she whispered shakily. he sniffled and nodded.

"i know. but i'm your idiot."

yuki gulped. the cold air bit her skin.

"yeah. you are."