After all, Kane was more outstanding than him and the patriarch valued Kane above him as well. The patriarch even said that he wanted Kane to take over the Thomas family, but Kane wasn’t in a good condition.

However, now Kane had recovered, so he was highly likely to be the heir.

Hearing the patriarch’s words, Kirk agreed that it was better if the fox really had a relationship with Leng Yuanqian and the Leng family. He didn’t want to be paid back further.

Nevertheless, he still hated them to death, but without his father’s permission, he didn’t dare to do anything.

Obviously, he was no match for them.

“Grandpa, do we have to tolerate it? If this news goes abroad, our family will be humiliated,” said Kyle with reluctance.

The patriarch turned to coldly look at Kyle and asked, “Do you think your father’s decision is right?”

“No, of course not. I’m sorry.” Kyle immediately apologized. He didn’t want his grandfather to misunderstand him.

Even though those were his thoughts, he couldn’t let the patriarch know.

“I’m really sorry. The girl cured me, but I couldn’t thank her in person. I should have walked Miss Leng to them and walked them out afterwards.” Kane felt very guilty. He didn’t say that to go against Kirk, but Gu Ning had helped him a lot. He was really grateful to her.

“Alright, it is what it is now. You all go out now. I need to have a private talk with Kirk,” said the patriarch. Although he thought Kirk made a wrong decision, he didn’t feel bad about it. After all, it wasn’t his idea.

And he wasn’t a good man either. He just stayed reasonable.

If the Leng family was determined to pay the Thomas family back, he would make an apology if he couldn’t fight back, but currently his pride wouldn’t allow him to do that.

After the patriarch said that, the other people left.

When they were talking, the Thomas family’s doctor gave Kirk a medical check up. He was injured, but his life wasn’t in danger and he wouldn’t be disabled.

The patriarch wanted to have a private talk with Kirk, but didn’t want to wait till the family doctor finished applying ointment to Kirk’s injury. Therefore, he asked the family doctor to go out as well. After he had the private talk with Kirk, the doctor could come back in.

He cared about Kirk, but Kirk was safe, and their private talk wouldn’t take much time.

When the others were gone, the patriarch directly warned Kirk. “Tell the Chang family that you won’t help them again. If you dare to cause any trouble, I’ll teach you a lesson.”

“Yes, father.” No matter how unwilling Kirk was, he had to give in.

Chapter 2802: No Match for Them

“But you can use this accident to let the Chang family continue to support us. if they disagree, tell the Leng family about what they have done,” said the patriarch. He wouldn’t end his cooperation with the Chang family just because he failed to trap the Leng family. Otherwise the Thomas family would suffer a great loss.

Although it was their fault that their plan failed, the Chang family turned to them for help, so they couldn’t leave without doing anything.

“Sure,” said Kirk.

After that, the patriarch directly walked away.

!!
The monster fox actually didn’t leave after jumping out of Kirk’s study. Instead, it hid in a dark corner to hear their conversation because Gu Ning felt that Kirk could give them some information after he was injured.