2731-2735

Chapter 2731: Borrow Money from Schoolmate

The several policemen had heard about the Shengning Organization and Gu Ning, but they didn’t recognize her until An Guangyao made the introduction.

“Oh, you’re Miss Gu! I’m so sorry, Miss Gu, I’ve seen your photos, but this is the first time I’ve seen you in reality. I didn’t recognize you,” said Meng Fan excitedly. Gu Ning was his idol.

“Nice to see you, Officer Meng.” Gu Ning responded politely. “Please wait a while. I need to ask them about the situation.”

“Sure,” said Meng Fan.

After that, An Guangyao invited them to have a seat, but they turned it down.

!!
Gu Ning then directly asked Lin Shiwei and the other two workers, “Lin Shiwei, is there anything you want to tell me about this accident?”

“Chairman Gu, this accident was caused by our dereliction of duty. We are very guilty. If you want to dismiss us, we won’t have any complaints,” Lin Shiwei said. Because of his guilty conscience, his voice was trembling.

“Is it just dereliction of duty?” Gu Ning asked. It was obvious that she wasn’t convinced so Lin Shiwei felt stressed.

Hearing Gu Ning’s question, Lin Shiwei and the other two realized that Gu Ning was suspicious of them. As a result, they became more anxious. However, they didn’t think she had evidence. As long as there wasn’t evidence, Gu Ning couldn’t do anything to them.

Support our ReadNovelFull.com)

Therefore, Lin Shiwei and the other two workers became calmer.

“Yes, it’s our dereliction of duty,” Lin Shiwei said firmly, and the other two agreed.

“Do you think you can easily fool me?” Gu Ning sneered.

Lin Shiwei and the other two workers stiffened a little. It seemed that Gu Ning wasn’t just suspicious of them, she believed they were guilty.

“Chairman Gu, do you think we caused it?” Lin Shiwei asked. He sounded angry and aggrieved, as if he was innocent.

“Isn’t that the truth?” Gu Ning asked.

“Chairman Gu, if that’s your idea, show us your evidence. Otherwise it’s slander. We could also be suspicious of the company. You can’t hurl the blame on us just because we’re responsible for the work,” said Lin Shiwei in annoyance. He wasn’t sure whether Gu Ning had evidence, so he tried to feel it out.

“Are you so sure that I don’t have evidence?” Gu Ning looked at him and said meaningfully.

Lin Shiwei and the other two workers were surprised once more. Did Gu Ning really have evidence? Was she bluffing them into telling the truth?

“If you have evidence, just show us. You don’t need to ask so many questions!” said Lin Shiwei. He didn’t believe that Gu Ning really had evidence. Instead, he believed that she was trapping them into telling the truth.

“Alright. There is no need to waste so much time arguing with you. I just wanted to give you a chance, but you want to face it right now. Since you made that choice, let’s put the cards on the table,” said Gu Ning.

Even though Gu Ning was very honest, Lin Shiwei and the other two still refused to believe that she had evidence.

“Lin Shiwei, tell me what’s your relationship with Kong Lixuan,” asked Gu Ning.

Hearing that, Lin Shiwei was shocked. How did Gu Ning manage to find out about Kong LIxuan?

In an instant, he lost all hope, but before Gu Ning showed him the evidence, he still tried to deny it. “He’s my schoolmate, so?”