2576-2580

Chapter 2576: Easily Ignored
“We’re different! We don’t need to do that, because we’re still beautiful without any make-up on,” said Gu Ning. It sounded a little narcissistic, but it was the truth. They normally didn’t wear any make-up and yet no one dared to say that they were ugly.

It was their advantage. As cultivators, they had absorbed a lot of magical power, so they could live a long time and keep their skin in a good condition.

However, although they normally didn’t wear any make-up, some people couldn’t believe it and felt that they must have put on foundation at least. They might just not be wearing eye makeup.

Their eyebrows were also thick, so it seemed that they had used eyebrow pencil.

“Right!” Baili Zongxue agreed happily, not denying that they were beautiful even without any make-up.

“Oh, I almost forgot this. We need a briefcase and a pair of glasses.”

When they were about to leave, Gu Ning suddenly realized that they had missed these things, so they went back to shop for them.

Baili Zongxue carried the briefcase and wore the glasses, so that she looked more like a secretary.

They needed a car too, so they went to rent one.

This time, they didn’t need a truck, just a private car.

However, when they went to rent a car, drama happened. Because Gu Ning had put on make-up and looked completely different from her original look. No one believed that she was the same person as shown on her ID card, even though Gu Ning explained that she had put on make-up.

In fact, it was not only her appearance, but her age that seemed very different now. The age on her ID card was nineteen, while she looked about twenty-eight at the moment.

That was what Gu Ning wanted, but now it was causing her trouble.

Left with no choice, Gu Ning took out her phone and showed her picture to prove that she was the same person.

Unfortunately, the car dealership became suspicious of her stealing the phone…

Gu Ning even had the impulse to remove her make-up to prove it, but the female manager of this car dealership came at this moment. After observing her for a while, she was allowed to rent a car.

Women understood that they could look completely different after wearing make-up, but it was still possible to recognize themselves. After all, Gu Ning’s features stayed the same, she only looked more mature after putting on some make-up.

“Miss Gu, you’re quite good at wearing make-up. I think ordinary people wouldn’t recognize you. But why do you need to do that?” asked the female manager. She wasn’t really curious, she just asked casually.

“For work. If I look too young, I might be easily ignored,” said Gu Ning resigned.

“You’re only nineteen. And you’re already working?” The female manager was surprised and had sympathy for Gu Ning. Normally, Gu Ning should be going to university at her age.

“My family asked me to do that,” said Gu Ning.

“Oh!” Hearing that, the female manager nodded and stopped asking.

Gu Ning successfully got a car, then they went straight to the raw jade material market.

After they arrived, they directly went to the Kang family’s store, because they had taken away valuable raw jade materials from the stores at the front earlier in the morning.

The Kang family’s store was very large, so there were many more raw materials containing jade. There should be above ten thousand of them.

Gu Ning found five raw jade materials with top-level jade, and nine with high-level jade. Gu Ning took eight of the high-level jade, and left one in the store.