13.narcissa

December 2004 | H E R

"Dimwiiit," Tiana calls right as she enters his apartment and kicks his door with her foot shut since both her hands are occupied. "I got the perfect man for you. I found him in my storage unit. I couldn't sleep all night once I remembered I have him and it's the perfect piece to pull your whole place together for this sea..."

Her voice trails off, both boxes tucked under her arms slipping from her grasp when she lifts her eyes from them to meet the ones of Narcissa Malfoy. A wand is immediatly drawn as Draco carefully levitates the boxes onto the long kitchen island.

But Tiana barely notices as she stares at the same kind of silver that Tiana has trouble looking away from. The resemblance is striking

"Hello, dear."

"H-Hi." Tiana manages an uncertain smile.

There are rarely any things that fluster her, but standing infront of such a well dressed lady of high social status with a big shirt she slept in not two hours ago that about covers the tiny, tiny shorts is definitely top five.

She prays to all above that his mother doesn't recognize this shirt as her son's.

Heat climbs it's way up her neck in form of deep, deep embarrassment and Tiana is wishing nothing more than to have combed out her hair after waking up before coming upstairs. She unconsciously flattens out the rumpled bed hair tied in a knot she forgot to take out last night.

"Tess," Draco's silvery smooth voice brings her out of her stupor.

If he was surprised to see her on a saturday, he didn't show it. She never questioned what he did on weekends. She never considered that he must be spending quality time with his family like she does, in a way, and now she feels like intruding.

Stupid idiot, that's what you get for barging into each others places.

"I'm so sorry," she says quickly, shaking her head. "I didn't mean to interrupt. I was—I was just leaving something here and I should have knocked. I had no idea he had guests and I usually we—I know him and he knows me and we do this all the time and I don't even know why, but I see now what an inconsiderate intruder I am and I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have—"

"Tess," Draco tries again.

Heaven's sake, the implications must be mortifying. Some random woman comes into his place as if she owns it in barely any clothes—sure, yes, that is not at all suspicious.

"Right, yeah. I'm so sorry, again." She takes steps back, not daring to look any of those two in the eye. "I'll leave you alone."

"Why the hurry?" Narcissa speaks up in a voice so elegant, it feels wrong to even hear it. "Now that you're here, you're welcome to stay."

Shocked, Tiana meets the woman's eyes, finding a hint of amusement in them and it only deepens her need to be swallowed whole by the earth this second.

Then her eyes fall to Draco, for reassurance, and is ready to throw fists at him for shamelessly grinning at her expense.

Resting his elbows on the table, he leans forward. "You have anywhere to be, darling?"

There is something else, some other meaning lingering behind the question. It is as if he bit his tongue.

"Not for now, no," she responds warily, unsure wether it is right to stay. Another wave of humiliation washes over her for being majorly underdressed.

Narcissa is perfection when it comes to appearance. Fashionable clothes fitting the successful woman like they are sewn for her specifically—which they probably were— make Tiana look meagre on her good days at best.