09.tea

November 2004 | H I M

"Shit, I'm falling, mate."

"Finally," Draco gives his friend a semi crooked, teasing grin, hands ready to catch more punches with the kick pad. "Took you long enough to get over Lovegood."

Blaise wipes sweat from his forehead with his forearm, his heaving chest glistening in the late morning's sun shining in through the big windows.

"This one," he throws his hand to Draco's face. "This one feels different, you know." He throws another couple. "Kiara...," he sighs, hands falling to his side and Draco's do too then. "She is so damn fine and cute and sexy and everything. She is fucking crushing it in the industry. I've seen her live in action at a shooting once and she's so professional, but then later, when it's just the two of us—she likes to play a strong act, but I know how I get her blushing and that is one of the best feelings. That I get her flustered? It's so... it's the best, man."

Nothing compares to your best friend ranting about his new lady on a fine sunday morning.

Draco lifts his hands again when Blaise gestures for him to do so. "So what you're saying is, you're in deep," there's still a teasing glint in his eyes.

"Really fucking deep. As in," a smile spreads on his full lips, one that he has a hard time to fight off. "I could see myself falling in love with her." The lovesick twinkle is unmistakable. "Marry her," he ventures, the next punch weak. "Give her my kids. We would have beautiful fucking kids, mate."

"Alright," Draco's silver eyes roll. "Now you're bullshitting all over my expensive floor."

"A little," Blaise concedes. "But... she might be it. Kiara Yun might be the one."

Draco stares at the man before him, head in the sky and he looks like his knees are about to buckle. "You sure you're not on some love drugs?"

"No. I got the real shit and all," Blaise says, rubbing his gloved hand over his stomach. "Butterflies in my stomach. Can't concentrate at work because she's everywhere up here," his hand lifts to his head. "Even my dreams are about her."

"Show me your eyes," Draco comes closer but Blaise shoves him away. "Come on, show me. Or your nose, let me see if you snorted something."

"Fuck off," he laughs, pushing the blond away with fists by his stomach when he went to grasp his chin, which wouldn't have been possible with the kick pad. "You're not happy for me?"

Draco's shoulders cave in. "Of course I am. I'm always happy for you," he says. "But just so you know, when you do get married, remember that I was the one who basically set you two up."

Blaise is in stance, sending a hook into the pad. "If I remember correctly it was Silver doing the introducing."

"No," Draco sends a pointed look, "that was me."

"I'll be sure to mention her in my vows."

He grins at the death stare Draco is shooting him between the two pads held up by his face.

"They were a year below us. Both Ravenclaws," Blaise mentions.

Draco gathered as much but never cared to clarify with Tiana. It's in the past anyway, so what does it matter. "Never thought of Hogwarts with her."

"Yeah, they were some kind of underdogs, apparently," Blaise continues. "Did their own thing, studied their asses off."

Draco maintains the strong stance. "Sounds like her."

"No wonder we never saw them," Blaise delivers a set of jabs, his heavy breath filling the quiet air. "Now that girl that was with them on Silver's birthday—I can faintly remember her from the parties, always a blackout drunk, but not the other two." Blaise takes off the boxing gloves. "Switch?"