Chapter Five

|| NOT EDITED ||

|| NOT EDITED ||

"Our actions may be impeded . . . but there can be no impeding our intentions or dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way." The Famous quote by Marcus Aurelius played in Stephan's mind once he was out of that room and saw his brother, Valentino, being held under gunpoint.

Valentino, by no means, was helpless, yet today he was hesitating to make a move.

Stephan made a quick judgement of the situation; around five men were surrounding them, all pointing their guns at Valentino. Normally, he would be able to handle the situation himself, but not today. Today there lay a girl at stake, who was barely alive, and Stephan knew she was the reason he was hesitating to take a step. From the way, Valentino was clutching her, Stephano understood he had grown a certain fondness for her. His hands were shielding her petite body and kept her positioned in such a way, that if the men were to shoot, it would hit his arms first.

'Interesting,' Stephan thought to himself.

Valentino was a well-built man, with a height of over 6 feet. His eyes were steely as he surveyed the surroundings, trying to find a way out of this mess. His radio cracked into life and Ameer's deep voice tickled Valentino's ears.

"Eagle, what's the situation?"

Eagle- or Valentino couldn't speak a word as all eyes were on him, but another voice spoke instead.

"Standy. Movement in 3-4 minutes, 3o'clock. Cover."

"Copy."

The girl was a new addition to their plan, and no one was ready for it then.

However, Stephan wasn't phased. If plan A doesn't work, then plan B needed to be put into action. In the middle of a battle, some wounds are necessary.

The gun which he had lowered previously, he slowly lifted it. While Romero cocked his head to the side, wondering what his idiot brother was going to do.

A mocking smile grew on the person's face who was standing right in front of Stephan. The other guys behind him took off the safety of their guns and got ready to shoot.

"She's a beauty, isn't she?" He said, pointing towards the girl in Valentino's arms.

Sighing wistfully, he kept speaking, seemingly unbothered by the gun Stephan pointed at him.

"She's a little singer, do you know that? She was humming as I was fucking her raw, I must be good, huh?" He said chuckling to himself.

Stephan nodded his head and spoke, "Asher, right?"

Asher, who was the same man gloating about how good he was, nodded and grinned.

"Yes," That's all he said and fired his bullets at Stephan.