Chapter One.

Listen to the song above ^

Warning: It is dark.

|| NOT EDITED ||

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

|| NOT EDITED ||

The world is a diabolical threshold mended with spurts of bright sparks, which are rare, rarer than The Pink Legacy.

Along with this, a question lingers in the mind of all, 'Who is to survive?'

Herbert Spencer answered that question for all of us in his book, "A Theory Of Population," published in 1852. Of course, they were inspired by Darwin's theory, but both proposed the same ultimatum; Survival of The Fittest.

And so, the survival race begins. Does it matter to one what they are losing along the way? Some may answer affirmatively and others may not. However, the truth is; to survive, one must go through the depths of hell and the highs of heaven. In the end, the one who persists survives.

Lying on the cold hard floor while shivering from the pain pulsating in Valerie's aching body, she wondered: How will she survive?

It had been a week. A week has passed since Valerie's life turned from bad to worse.

A single tear dropped from the corner of her weary eyes as she recalled how things had played out on the evening of her birthday.

It was a simple day; she was caught up in her work late, nothing new. Except, she has never known the boss she worked for was a criminal in hiding. Who can imagine, a neat guy, with a happy family beside him, a company winning the markets, it was perfect. Too perfect.

But was Valerie the one to think and prod her boss? The Owner of the Company? No. She was a loner, disinterested in everything around her. She believed in the darkness residing in her, disabling her from letting in any positive specks. And so, she never tried. She never tried to smile; she never tried to mix, never tried to get to know someone.

And, she was arrogant. She believed no one was above her, although she would always do her job to perfection, she had flaws. A lot of them, which she was too blind to see.

And when one is repeatedly blind to the truth lying in front of them, it's imperative to save them.

However, she was a looker. Her silken, wavy, brown hair dangled just over her breasts, the soft curls giving her an innocent yet regal tone. Her grey, almost cat-like eyes were adorned with thick eyelashes, making her look like a Vixen. Her face held quite a bit of meat, adding to the appeal. Her body was slender yet supported the right amount of flesh where needed. In short, she was beautiful.

And that is exactly why she was in this predicament. She was a looker, and he wanted profit. An easy plan with only to gain.

She had often stayed behind late to finish her work, only this time she never returned to her apartment. The plan played out in his favour. The building was empty other than himself and the security who was after all his security. She had gone towards the car to leave for the night, yet when darkness gripped her from all sides, she was unable to grasp. It all happened in mere seconds, and she was taken.

It wasn't until she had to wake up with a slap on her face, tied to a chair, and two men standing in front of her, that she realized the gravity of the situation.

She had been kidnapped.

They were the events that played out after her arrival that showed her how real and cruel the world is.

She was a toy in the hands of a race who like to call themselves "humans" yet possessed none of the qualities which A Human must possess. But, then again, aren't humans those creatures who are filled with greed, need, hunger and lust? Morals are damned.

The man who sold her off laughed and drank with his family, at the profit he had acquired from the deal. It was perfect for him, after all, this was his line of work.

She had been kept in the cell for a week, with the occasional supply of food and water but tortured relentlessly for the most part.

Somehow, today she didn't feel any pain. It came to her, slowly she'll fade away in this darkness as the torture continues. With no aid to her wounds, they will start to revolt, and that will be her victory. Her body will help her to escape.

Muling over her thoughts, she parted her cracked lips and breathed out a small puff of air, and started humming a tune. It was a low hum at the start, almost unrecognisable to any ear. However, as the door burst open, a lean man with quite handsome features appeared, all in vain.

Either present spoke no words in the room. It was mechanical, the man did not care what his actions would do to the person lying in front of him, he had come to take, and he shall leave after taking.

She on the other hand had to lose a part of herself again, but now she wondered if she had any more left.

As he opened his shirt with a grunt, she started humming the tune at a higher note, barely audible to him, but he caught it. Raising a single defined eyebrow, he lazily sauntered over to her lying on the floor and crouched in front of her.

Involuntarily, she flinched back but did not stop humming.

"I suppose, if I can get my comfort from you, you can get your comfort from whatever it is you're humming." He spoke to himself. His granite-hard voice sent shivers down her spine, and it was not the good kind.

She was terrified, yet she couldn't move a single muscle. She was tied in the hands of fate and helplessness, and by the smirk dancing on the man's face, he certainly enjoyed watching that.

And so she hummed, she neither screamed nor pleaded to let go, she laid there looking at the dark ceiling, and as time flew, her voice got louder, and as the last tune made its way out of her lips, the man present in the room clothed himself left but not before saying one last thing to her.

"Maybe next time, hum my name. Marco."

She made one small hum as the doors clicked shut, the hum lasted only for a few seconds but it was the only thing that gave her a silhouette of warmth over the words spoken by the man, Marco

_

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Do It For Me | 21+जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें