Chapter Three

Warning: Mentions and slight description of rape. 

|| NOT EDITED ||

There is a general agreement among philosophers that time is continuous, that is we, do not experience it as stopping and starting, or darting about at random, and that it has a specific order at which it progresses, from past to present to future.

Is time ultimately just an illusion? Maybe reality is just a complex network of events onto which we project sequences of past, present and future.

People have always said, 'Give it time. Time heals.' Why? Why do humans use this?

As days, hours, minutes pass, our feet comes in contact with a new possibility, a new change. But does that change have to necessarily be good? What if time can never heal?

As we flow through the uncertain river of time, sometimes, we can leave certain things behind.

These 'certain things' which humans would like to forget or leave behind are like big rocks on the shore of a coast. The waves crash against them but ultimately they leave past it, on a few unfortunate events some parts of those rocks come apart not being able to withstand the intensity of the crash and flow along with the waves, partaking on a journey of its own.

Memories never fully leave us. They are always there, through time somehow, one learns and tries to live with it, and to a great extent they succeed, it's never easy, but that's life.

However, what can one do, when the time feels like it has stopped completely? What happens when this illusion of time makes one question the grasps of reality?

The piercing pain travelling through Valerie's neither region made her slowly shut her eyelids. It was the same pain she had been feeling for how many days, she didn't know.

She thought she'll be used to the pain, the filth, but as hands slowly started wandering from her stomach to her breasts, feeling every inch of her skin, almost as if in a trance and groping them in a firm painful grip, a single tear fell from the corner of her eyes.

Her body shook constantly with the propelled thrusts of the man on her. It was an anaesthetized feeling, her body moving irregularly on the cold floor, yet, she didn't actually feel her body moving, but she knew something kept piercing her.

She wasn't feeling anything, but then all her senses were heightened to the brim, as one sturdy hand held onto her bruised breast and the other, her hips.

Fingers dug painfully in her bones, her heart thudded wildly in her chest, the man didn't stop.

He never stopped.

It became too much for her. It wasn't the physical pain. But the lasting imprint of his touch branded on her.

Her lips parted in a silent plea as the man holding her in place gave a final thrust and came apart with an animalistic groan. Smirking at the girl lying down, he pushed her off and let her hips fall on the ground.

A small whimper left her lips as her backside made in contact with the cold ground, and a chill went up to her spine. Leaving her in a mess of her own blood and used condoms littered across her, the man got up and leisurely wore his clothes, all the while eyeing Valerie. His dark hooded gaze never left her naked form as he strolled out of the room, whistling.

.

As the door closed with a loud click, a soft sob broke out from her cracked lips. Even though the man left, she could feel his hands everywhere; it was maddening her. Her hands were itching to ripe out her own skin and never have to feel it on her again. Not one part of hers was left untouched, tainted with their undying lust and cruelty.

Slowly, she could feel every cell of her body coming alive.

She was burning from deep within.

Sniffing uncontrollably, Valerie tried to move her legs but, it was all in vain. From her pelvic region to her toes, she felt paralyzed. Still wanting to feel something other than the filthy remains of that man, she willed her forefoot to move.

The moment she tried to flex her calf muscles, a pained cry reverbed from her throat. Her hindfoot had been twisted harshly by one of her captors previously, and she felt no sense of that.

Until now, when she tried to move it.

It scared her. She wondered, to which extent had she been bruised and beaten. How many parts of hers had been broken? But, ultimately, it was all just a blur to her.

Taking a deep breath, she forced her calf muscles again which, made the Achilles tendon pull the heel of her feet, arching her forefoot upward, and a burst of hope bubbled in her heart.

The feeling warmed into her veins making, the smallest particle charged with a new feeling. It was ethereal, the small movement gave her a sense of control over herself, something which had been snatched away from her.

Maybe, she could be in control of her body again. It was pitiful, how an insignificant movement of her foot made her hope for something impossible in her situation.

Hope is a beautiful thing; it makes one reckon to move on, but when it's crushed, there is nothing more to look for.

Slowly, as she tried moving her foot rhythmically, her body felt awakened with a sense of control, however, as the waves crashes down, her fate did too.

The door, which was previously shut, opened with a loud thud and, three men stumbled in.

Her eyes, hazed with tears, tried to take in the form of three men, but she couldn't, all she knew, she couldn't be free.

Her fate was sealed the day she had been kidnapped, and today it ends. She could hear murmurs of the voices floating around, but she couldn't take anymore.

She wasn't in control of anything, but she could do one thing.

Taking a deep breath, she held it in, and slowly she fell into a deep peaceful slumber, surrounded by screams. 

_