Chapter 32

"This won't do," she said and chucked a bottle at me, hitting me in the face. "Drink up and let's talk."

The bottle was obviously unopened. So, I had to use my teeth instead of my hands to open it due to lack of space between them. I had tried to get out of that habit over the past few months, but you do what you got to do.

The water was refreshing, I don't think I ever appreciated a drink so much in my life. I downed the bottle quickly, I didn't think about whether or not there could be more of that substance in it, but there seemed to be a tinge of acidic residue on my tongue after I threw the bottle away from me, hearing the echo of the plastic as it bounced along the floor.

"I've really no clue what you want me to say," I stated. I was starting to feel slightly sick to my stomach. My hands were trembling, and my voice wavered. I hadn't been in a situation like this.

"Where is Pax?" the woman asked. She was becoming more and more familiar. "I know he was with you."

I scoffed. "And now you've taken me away from my friend's house, how would I know where he is?" I received a slap to the face.

"Don't play smart with me," she hissed. "I know that Pax isn't dead. I know that you were protecting him. You wouldn't have lost him, you know exactly where he is."

I wondered how on earth she knew this, but even more so, how she didn't recognise Pax's scent at Mary's. I suspected that she was playing dumb with me; she knew where he was but she wasn't saying anything. She was simply doing this for pleasure.

"If you found me, why don't you find him?"

Her eyebrows creased and her bottom lip disappeared. "You youths are so uneducated." She stood and turned around. She took the lantern with her, allowing me to see even more graffiti. The roof was curved. We were in a tunnel.

There was a tunnel not too far from Mary's house, I passed it whenever I went into the forest. Nobody ever came in here due to the fear of getting hurt by people, or spirits, who made it a home.

"Black wolves appear like everyone else. That's why it's difficult to tell who a black wolf is." She was doing something involving pouring and bashing. "I don't know why people are out for the black wolves, but they are." She inhaled deeply. "I don't know why they're going extinct."

I was unsure why she was telling me this. We didn't know each other. The thoughts just prompted me to think harder. I didn't know many adult wolves. I must have met her recently, or just saw a glimpse of her.

A noise echoed through the tunnel causing me to flinch. I felt like I understood what Pax experienced for a moment. The noise was ear-shattering.

The woman looked at me hesitantly and picked up her phone. "Hello, Alder? What are you doing on the phone?" I didn't hear the rest of what she said as I was in shock.

That was a very unique name. I only knew of one Alder, the one who was in Kian's pack. The son of Delilah? Daphine? Daphne.

The woman in front of me was Daphne.

I couldn't believe it, but at the same time it makes sense. She knew Pax, therefore she knew exactly who to look out for.

I waited until she was finished on the phone to open my mouth, but I was interrupted.

"Duty calls," she said. She shook something in her hands and set it down. "That should do."

I didn't know what it was, but I felt dizzy again. The scent of vinegar and sourness invaded my senses and caused my eyes to water. This substance was a real nuisance. I had to get out of here, I had to find Pax. My body paid no mind to what I had to do, forcing my eyes closed.

The following moments were a blur to me. I didn't know how long had passed, or if anybody had visited me. I came in and out of consciousness hearing echoes, but they could've been animals or water. I couldn't move my limbs,; they were just too heavy.

I wanted to bring myself into a sitting position, untie myself, and leave. I couldn't even turn into my wolf, it's a very bad idea transforming when you're tied up like this. The limbs wouldn't reform correctly.

Someone must have come by, I kept feeling worse and worse. I imagined that this is what being drunk was like, something I had never even attempted to be. My mouth continued to get dryer and my limbs got heavier.

I could only wish and pray that Pax and my family were safe.

Hello all! Hope you're doing well :D

The question of the chapter issss-what's your ringtone?

For my mam, my ringtone is the Doctor Who theme song, because she likes it, what can I say? And for everyone else it's a random Black Veil Brides song, because it used to be 'The Untamed' theme, but that was too quiet.