Heavenly Smack

Mu Qing cringed and Feng Xin looked disgusted.

The two had the 'honor' of dealing with such flower yao before, and the trauma was engraved deeply in Feng Xin's mind. Sure, this was 800 years ago, but he remembered it like it was yesterday. Feng Xin cursed under his breath and squinted his eyes. It was like suffering from trauma, as he already had a fear of women in general and was practically scared of women's baths. Typical. 

Mu Qing, on the other hand, witnessed first-hand how Feng Xin reacted to the flower yao. Screaming while slashing with his sword and haphazardly releasing arrows at the Yao, cussing like he would die. Naturally, the flower yao was alluring and lustful, never really caring to cover themselves. Which made it all the worse for Feng Xin back then. 

"My lords, should we work together to destroy all of them?" Banyue asked. She could easily control scorpion snakes and manipulate them to do what she wanted them to do. 

"Yeah. We could charge in now, just remember to cover your noses and mouths so that you don't breathe in their flowery scent. The smell will... ruin you," Mu Qing explained. Of course, Pei Xiu and Feng Xin were already familiar with these instructions, but Mu Qing explained it for the sake of Banyue not getting... lustful, was that the word? Banyue internally took notes and nodded when Mu Qing was finished. She smiled.

"All right. Do my lords have any cloth that Pei Xiu-gege and I could cover our faces with?" Banyue asked, flapping her long sleeves to see if she could cover her face without putting too much strain on trying to eliminate the yao. Feng Xin nodded.

"Yeah. Hold on a minute," Feng Xin replied, walking over to the drawers. Mu Qing and Feng Xin had split their cabinets in half, so naturally, Feng Xin's side was messy. Feng Xin tore through all of his clothes, finally finding two small red cloths that were thick, yet thin enough to breathe freely. Feng Xin grabbed another two for himself and Mu Qing and made his way back to the table. He handed two of the cloths to Banyue and Pei Xiu and gestured for them to tie them on. They proceeded and looked a little like southern barbarians. Feng Xin tossed one to Mu Qing and he put it on.

"Hold on a second, should you be fighting in this state?" Feng Xin asked. Mu Qing, with his cloth already around his face, peered back at him.

"I can fight better than you in this state. Considering your reaction towards women, I'll do much better than you," Mu Qing dissed with a muffled voice. Banyue blinked a few times, confused, and remained standing where she was. Mu Qing stood up and grabbed his sword from the corner that it was resting in. "Sword or bow?" Mu Qing asked Feng Xin.

"Bow. I don't want to get too close," Feng Xin replied. Mu Qing tossed him his bow and quiver. 

"What about you two? Need weapons to borrow?" Mu Qing asked Banyue and Pei Xiu. Banyue shook her head.

"I have my scorpion snakes. Likely, the yao haven't come across such things before.. so they'll be caught off guard," Banyue said, pulling a red scorpion snake from her robes. "As for Pei Xiu-gege..." Banyue trailed off.

"It'd be nice to borrow a dagger of some sort. I hope my lords will make an exception to me borrowing a weapon," Pei Xiu said. Feng Xin nodded. 

"Here," Feng Xin said, tossing a long dagger to Pei Xiu. Pei Xiu inclined his head in gratefulness.

"Thank you, General Nan Yang," Pei Xiu said.

"Well, what more time is there to lose? Shouldn't we go already?" Mu Qing pressed. Under that red cloth of his, he was hiding a smug smile to see how his husband would react to the flower yao. 

"Fine. Let's go, then," Feng Xin said, slinging his bow and quiver over his shoulder. He tied his red cloth around his face and made his way out of the door. Following close behind were Banyue and Pei Xiu, then Mu Qing who closed the door. Just a few li away from their house, the group found the first clump of suspicious trees. Feng Xin narrowed his eyes. Pei Xiu knew what to do. He unsheathed his dagger and recklessly (yet with purpose) slashed at one of the trees. As expected, the tree leaped away, fanning its branches. It propped one of its branches on its "hip" and waved the other branch at the gods+exiled god+ghost? group.