Sick

~two months later~

Mu Qing staggered.

He and Feng Xin were practicing their dual cultivation, and slowly but surely, they argued less. A little earlier, Feng Xin taught tricks of the bow and arrow as he lifted Mu Qing's elbow, and touched here and there to correct his position. In a little bit, Mu Qing shot many arrows and made a giant hole in the bullseye. Feng Xin scoffed but was a little proud of his husband. Now, Mu Qing was teaching him tips and tricks with the sword. In the middle of a landing of a flip, Mu Qing had staggered a little. Nobody had ever seen him stagger while practicing the sword, so Feng Xin was a little surprised. 

"Are you alright?" Feng Xin asked, slightly concerned. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just try to keep up if you can," Mu Qing replied, continuing to attack swiftly, but making sure not to severely hurt Feng Xin. Feng Xin grunted and blocked Mu Qing's swift attacks. Some landed on his chest plate, some landed on his shoulder plates. Mu Qing controlled his strength well, or Feng Xin would have been a bloody mess by now. 

Feng Xin leaped into the air like an eagle riding the wind, coming to strike Mu Qing. Mu Qing skillfully blocked him, inserting tricks of his own. After a while, he sweated a little and huffed.

"Damn, you're good. It's because I taught you a little, didn't I?" Mu Qing said haughtily. Feng Xin scrunched up his nose.

"Huh. So what? Gonna reward me?" Feng Xin said, poking his sword scabbard at Mu Qing. He swatted him away, poking his chest. Smacking each other with their scabbards, they arrogantly argued with each other.

"Stop scrunching your face up like that, wrinkles are going to stay forever and you're going to be more ugly than you already are," Mu Qing said, poking Feng Xin on the ass with his scabbard. 

"What? Jealous that I'm less ugly than you are, with your permanent wrinkles already?" Feng Xin replied, retaliating with a poke to Mu Qing's ass.

"Ah, shit, that hurts! You fucking did it to me last night, and you have the gall to poke me there?" Mu Qing said, slapping Feng Xin's chest with his sheathed sword.

"Damn. Be grateful that I cleaned you up. Your ass would be sticky as hell right now, and you'll be hobbling around like His Highness every week," Feng Xin replied, blowing his tongue at Mu Qing. Mu Qing replied with sputtering right on Feng Xin's cheek. Feng Xin lightly blushed, flicking his forehead. "You little mistress," he said.

"What the fuck did you just call me?" Mu Qing snapped. 

"a mistress" Feng Xin replied arrogantly. Mu Qing replied hitting Feng Xin nonstop with his scabbard.

"Take *smack* that *smack* back *smack* right *smack* now *smack*," Mu Qing said, smacking Feng Xin after every word. Feng Xin smirked.

"no" he snickered. Taking all the blows head-on, he embraced Mu Qing. Mu Qing struggled to wiggle out of his grasp, but he was too strong, and Mu Qing had a soft spot for hugs. 

They were in a forest, nobody was nearby. They could do whatever they wanted unless a random cultivator would walk in on them. 

In his arms, Mu Qing shivered.

"Why the hell are you shivering? It's warm out here, and not to mention we just trained together," Feng Xin asked, tugging at Mu Qing's hair. Mu Qing's breaths came harsh and heavy.

"...it's cold..." Mu Qing panted. Feng Xin felt more weight be put on him, and he checked Mu Qing.

"Hey. Hey, are you ok?" Feng Xin asked, lightly shaking Mu Qing. No reply.

"Ok, stop shitting me right now. Get up right now or I'm going to yell," Feng Xin said. He was a little concerned, shaking Mu Qing. No answer. Lifting Mu Qing, he looked at his face. He was passed out, head hanging limply to one side. Feng Xin picked him up and rushed to a small hut nearby, where they were staying for the time being. Brows knitted, Feng Xin kicked open the doors and rushed inside. He rushed to the bed that they shared and gently lay him down. Mu Qing was sweating profusely, a pairing with his burning-hot body temperature. Feng Xin stripped Mu Qing's outer robes, leaving his white inner robes intact. He quickly ran to prepare some warm water and a damp handkerchief, bringing over a small wooden tub to Mu Qing's bedside.

Wringing out the handkerchief, he wiped Mu Qing's forehead. He was burning up. Tapping into the communication array, he privately requested a conversation with Ling Wen.

-Ling Wen? Are you there? Feng Xin asked.

-Ah, General Nan Yang. What brings you to request me? Ling Wen replied.

-A-Qing... General Xuan Zhen passed out in the middle of training. He's burning up, and I don't know what to do. Could you help me? Feng Xin asked.

-Mm, yes. I'll finish signing this last scroll, and then I'll come over to wherever you are, Ling Wen replied.

-Thank you very much, Ling Wen. I appreciate it, Feng Xin said.

-Any time, General. I'll be there in a little bit. 

With that reply, Ling Wen tapped out of the communication array. Feng Xin soon tapped out also, lightly shaking his head. He stared at his husband, at a loss. Mu Qing was still breathing, gods technically couldn't die. Still, waves of worry flooded over Feng Xin as if he were a beach. Soon, a gentle knock sounded from the door.

"General... I'm here..." a muffled voice said. Ling Wen.

Feng Xin opened the door for her and gestured towards his bed.

"Mu Qing's still breathing but still... I'm worried..." Feng Xin said. Ling Wen nodded and made her way towards an unconscious Mu Qing. She sat beside the bed with a chair she dragged over. Examining his pulse and temperature, she made mental notes. 

"So... did you guys... do it last night?" Ling Wen asked, clearing her throat. 

"Y-yeah..." Feng Xin replied with a blush.

"So he must be a little exhausted. He seems mighty and strong on the outside, but exhaustion paired with heavy training today don't go too well together," Ling Wen said. Feng Xin breathed a sigh of relief. "Although... by any chance, did you go harder than usual last night?" Ling Wen asked. Memories flooded back to Feng Xin.

...

Cocking his head to the side, Feng Xin pinned Mu Qing against a wall.

They had built a small shack to stay in for the time being because it was in a desolate forest, away from most people with a lot of obstacles to train with. After a long day of training, they wanted to cool down, but Feng Xin had other plans. 

Glaring at him, Mu Qing's face went as red as rouge. He crossed his arms and looked straight at Feng Xin. Feng Xin pulled both of them to the floor, and he sat in between Mu Qing's legs. He slowly inched closer, breaths intermingling as they got closer.

"A-Qing... shouldn't we have this moment?" Feng Xin asked, noses touching.  Mu Qing raised his eyebrows challengingly. 

"Hmm... I dare you to try to make me cry," Mu Qing said, brushing a stray strand of hair out of Feng Xin's face. 

"Challenge accepted," Feng Xin said, kissing Mu Qing. Deepening the kiss, Mu Qing pulled at Feng Xin's collar. Gasping for air, they separated. Feng Xin left a trail of kisses down Mu Qing's neck. He nibbled at a spot on his neck, pulling out a whimper from Mu Qing. Inserting a hand into his robe, Feng Xin gently untied and undid Mu Qing's armor and robes. Mu Qing did the same with the man on top of him, tossing aside his armor with a clang. Pulling out a hairpin from Feng Xin's hair, Mu Qing let it down. It flowed like a brown river, cascading over the textures of his skin. Feng Xin undid Mu Qing's hair, his jet-black locks unraveling over his shoulders. Pressed together on the ground with only their inner robes on, they looked with lust at each other. Mu Qing wished that this man above him would be his and his only forever, for a very long time. Finally, his wish came true. The same thought went through Feng Xin's head, and he bent his head down to kiss Mu Qing again.