Chapter 30: The Decision

Comincia dall'inizio

"Aden." I spun around and darted through the machinery. 

"West! Stop!"

"I have to find him." I climbed under a conveyor belt. 

The sub's cries grew louder. I threw open the door to the main hallway. Boss's eyes narrowed on me.

"Grab your mate, Keith. We're leaving." He tightened his hold on Aden. 

"Boss," said Adam. "We have to go. Midfeild is on their way."

The door behind me swung open. Ranger entered and pointed the gun at the alpha's chest. 

Boss snarled at me. "Traitor."

"Ranger." I stepped between them. "Please."

Keith walked in front of his father. 

Lette pressed up behind Boss and touched his arm. "Boss?"

"Release Aden," said Ranger.

Boss glared at the dominant. "So you're him, my replacement?"

Ranger locked eyes with the alpha. "Replacement? I've heard another version."

"Are you going to shoot me?" asked Boss. "It won't be the first time someone tried to kill me."

"Gift from my brother. August kept one of those bullets."

"He should have been more precise when it came to where he placed them in you."

"Boss," whispered Lette. "Please."

He shoved the sub back. "Quiet." Boss jerked Aden over to him. "One bullet won't be enough."

Lette grabbed the alpha's hand. "Boss?"

"Lette," he growled. "Do as I say."

"Please," the sub begged. "Just give Aden back."

Snatching the sub's arm, Boss shoved him at Adam. "Take him to the helicopter now."

"Just let him go!" cried Lette, fighting the secretary's hands off him.

Boss appeared shocked by the outburst. He released Aden, who took the opportunity to run for it. No even tried to stop him as he darted out the door.

Lette bowed his head. "Why can't I be enough? Aden doesn't love you, but I... do. I love you," he peeked up at the alpha. "I just want to be with you. I want to be your mate, if you'd let me. Can't I be enough?"

Lifting the sub's chin, Boss looked over the sub's face. "Let's go Keith." He took Lette's hand and headed for the stairwell.

My mate stood still. Our eyes met and with a nod, he turned to leave. "Good luck with everything West."

Ranger snatched my upper arm and pulled me in the other directions. I looked over my shoulder to see Keith disappeared up the stairwell. Was this it? Keith was really just going to let me go. Ranger led me outside to a car. Aden was inside along with another head of blond hair in the back seat. 

"West!" Shiloh jumped out and ran to me. 

I hugged the boy. "You did it Shy."

He smiled up at me. "We're back together again. All of us, now we can go home."

Glancing over my shoulder, I checked the sky. Once they left, I'd never be able to find Keith. My hand went to my scar.

"West, what's the matter?" asked Shiloh. "Aren't you happy?"

I nodded. "My mate's leaving."

"You don't need him, West," snapped Ranger. "None of those men are worth anything."