scars to your beautiful

quick reminder that you are beautiful. your body does not make you the person you are and no one gets to judge the way it looks. it's okay to struggle and to have bad days, but please talk to someone if it gets out of hand. (my dm's are always open too) please eat and drink something because you deserve it.

and in case you didn't get a hug today here is one 🫂

nat x daughter

age: 16

tw: anorexia, feeding tube

word count: 1,8k

————

Natasha's POV

Y/n has been diagnosed with anorexia about two month ago. I've noticed a change in her behaviour way earlier but going through the whole process of getting her diagnosed was a chore. 

We went to six different doctors and therapists just so they could tell us that it's 'teenage hormones' and 'she'll grow out of it'. But I know my daughter, that was something completely different. The mental health system is literally so messed up.

Now we are in close contact with a good therapist and Bruce checks on her at least once a week. She's getting better though, she has her support system and a strict plan considering eating and sports habits. 

Of course there are bad days where she and I spend the whole day in bed and I feed her while she cries in my lap, but over all she's slowly improving.

That's what I thought at least.

I'm currently in the laundry room on the edge of crying. I've just picked up a bra of her that was way too heavy for a bra- it can't be, she couldn't, right? She would tell me-

I slowly turn it around with shaking hands.

 The bra patting is cut open and filled with something which seems like screws. A sob leaves my mouth. No. no, no, no. How did I not notice!? Salty liquid drops into my mouth as I pull out my phone.

green guy

meet me in the lab

now.

After I dried my eyes with the sleeve of my hoodie I rush to the lab hoping to find Bruce in there, unfortunately it's empty. I slouch down at one of the tables. A couple minutes later the elevator door opens and Bruce appears with a worried expression on his face. "Have you been crying?" he asks carefully, slowly approaching me.

Instead of a verbal answer I lay down the bra on the table and bury my face back in my hands, silently crying. I flinch slightly as a hand in placed on my back and starts to move, apparently with the intention to calm me down, not necessary and not possible right now. "Sorry" he quickly apologises at my sudden movement "It's okay" I whisper, melting into his touch.

(a/n: this is not a brutasha ship!! I hate that ship. He's just being nice guys and Natty craves some comfort lmao)

"What am I gonna do?" I cry, hopelessly trying to find another explanation for this. But there isn't one, I know that. "Shh, it's alright Nat, she's gonna get better eventually" he tries to comfort me "That's what we thought the last two month, Bruce!" I yell within broken sobs. In the next moment he pulls me up on my legs and spins me around "I'm gonna give you a hug now"

-

After a couple minutes of me calming down he speaks up again "I'm gonna have to give her a check up right now, Nat, and if her weight has fallen even more, which I expect, you know what we have to do" and as much as I don't want to put her through this, I know it's the right thing to do.