why didn't you call?

Just rewatched 'The horse whisperer' and Scarlett is so pretty, like howw

nat x daughter

age: 15

tw: depression, talk of suicide, eating struggles

word count: 1,9k

————

Natasha's POV:

After I've just received a call from Wanda, telling me to come home because something's up with y/n, I packed my bags and am on my way to get the next plane home. I hate being away for that long- especially after y/n's mental health got this bad. 

Over the last years I noticed a rapid change in her behaviour. She wouldn't leave her bed all day and in case I wouldn't help her, she wouldn't eat. 

It got really really bad at some point so I dragged her to a therapist- the irony, I know, I've never went to one myself even though I know I should- but I couldn't loose her, she's my world, my everything. I got Fury to let me take some time off and stayed with y/n. Gladly we got her through this episode and after a couple months Nick wanted me back in the field.

So here we are- I haven't seen my daughter for nearly two month now and too say I miss her is an understatement. But now after Wanda's call I'm even more concerned. Thousand of questions running through my head as I'm rushing to the airport. How is she doing? Is she stuck in such an episode again? How can I help her?  But most prominent is this one Why didn't she call me? Why was it Wands?  I told her to call me. Why didn't she call!?

I feel hot, salty liquid running down my cheeks. Oh you can't be serious right now. I quickly dry my eyes with the end of my sleeve as I practically run to my gate.

"Welcome back, Miss Romanoff" FRIDAY greets me as the elevator bings and the doors open. I don't answer- I rush out and without saying hello to anyone I make my way to the stairs. "Where is she?" I yell, only to be met with the baffled faces of my co-workers and family "Where is she?" I repeat "In her room" Wanda says entering the room. I send her a small smile and go upstairs.

I knock on the door of my daughters room only to be meet with silence so I knock again "Leave me alone, I don't wanna talk" she groans but I still enter her room. 

The blinds are almost completely closed and only a few isolated rays of sunshine reach inside. Her room is an absolute mess, not a plate here and there, no, the whole floor is covered with clothes and other stuff, everywhere are plates whose food mostly isn't even touched, a bunch of 'monster energy' cans are scattered around the room and everywhere is unwrapped gum paper. Oh y/n. Oh my love.

I take a deep breath of the bad air in her room and approach her bed- I bet she didn't open the windows in days.

Y/n's POV:

Much to my dislike I still hear the door open and someone enter. I turn away from the door, not wanting to talk to someone. I just want my mama.

I feel my bed dip down but much to my surprise they don't talk. A silence falls over the room.

After a couple moments the person clears their throat "You're not even gonna tell me hello?" they ask. Wait- I know that voice. "Mama" I exclaim and fall in her arms. "Hello you too, my love" she chuckles and wraps her arms around my body. "I missed you so much" I cry and cling onto her shirt "Trust me, I did more" she says.

She holds me a couple moments be fore asking "How have you been?" and sitting me up so she can look at me. "I'm fine" I tell her with a forced smile- of course she notices "Okay, again, how have you been?" harshly gulping I reply "I'm fine, like I told you".