Epilogue

Five months later...

'Things were finally falling into place after the long time they've been apart, and it was literally the best feeling to see it.' Jennie thought while watching everyone enjoy the lunch happily together.

" Hello Jen? " The lady on the other end of the line spoke up as soon as she picked the call. " Hey Mom. " Jennie mumbled. " Hello Baby, how've you been? I miss you so much. " " Fine. " " When are you coming home! Will you be there for Christmas? " Her voice dimmed as she spoke the last line, expecting her to refuse with some new excuse.

Jennie had been different to what she was before. After the incident, all these years she's been heart-rending. The girl who used to be excited for every festival, didn't even care much.

" Um yeah. " She said and distanced the phone from her ears already sure about her mom's expression. " WHAT!? WHAT DID YOU SAY? " She yelled at the top of her lungs, making her voice audible to the people nearby. Jennie bowed a little.

" Yes, I'll be there for Christmas by the weekend. And I have someone to introduce. " She bit her lip, still unsure. " Yeah sure! But first I gotta rush to bring all the ingredients! Imma make your favourite cake! Bye!! I love you!! " " I love you too. " Jennie chuckled.

(A/N pov : So sorry for messing up with the timelines, but for the epilogue i really wanted to do Christmas. You can imagine Jennie's birthday was around August * snots *)

-

On Christmas...

" It's fine. " Jennie held his hand reassuring him for almost the millionth time now.

Before she could even ring the bell, the door already opened welcoming her. " I knew it was you, I heard some voices coming. " Her mother welped. " I missed you so much. You could've visited once in all these months. " She whined and hit her a little. Jennie couldn't help but giggle.

" Merry Christmas. " A voice spoke and Jennie recognised it immediately. " Jackson! " She rushed to hug him tightly.

Taehyung's eyes widened when that guy held her as she climbed on his waist. " Why you guys didn't tell me he's coming!? " Now she's the one who was whining. Taehyung decided to clear his throat and making his presence felt as he couldn't stop glaring at them.

" Taehyung. " Mrs.Kim whispered. " Um.. he is the one I wanted to introduce. " Jennie held his arm, not sure about their reactions. " Come in. " Mrs.Kim gave the sweetest smile welcoming him.

" Honey- " Mr.Kim stood halfway the stairs, gazing holes at the man. " Hello. " Taehyung mumbled a bit trying to break the ice. To everyone's astonishment Mr.Kim nodded. Even though it was just a nod but that still made Taehyung feel welcomed.

-

Unexpectedly, the dinner went smoothly. No-one bragged about the past, they just chuckled. Mr and Mrs.Kim left the living room, allowing the kids to enjoy themselves and try to befriend each other.

Meanwhile there was Taehyung who couldn't stop staring draggers at Jackson who sat beside Jennie the whole dinner. Even though he was cute and lovable, but Taehyung found him getting too friendly especially with Jennie. The aura of jealousy was quite visible coming of Taehyung, so Jackson had to pull of a little more to annoy him.

" And this is the last gift. " Jackson pulled the last box out of the bag he brought for Jennie. " Oh my god, that's so many. I lost count! " Jennie exclaimed. " 26. They are just 26 gifts. " Taehyung spoke pressuring the word 'just'. " Aishh Tae. He gave me already everything! And these gifts are what I needed, it's so creative. " She slapped his arm. " Exactly, so why don't you give me a kiss? " Jackson winked and tried to flirt.

That's when Taehyung slammed the table. He couldn't take anymore but soon a phone vibrated at the other end.

" Omg hello baby! " Jackson picked it and leaving the place to attend the call. Taehyung could clearly hear him flirting with his 'Baby'. " How many girls does he play around with? " He scoffed internally which was quite audible. " It's his one and only girlfriend. " Jennie mentioned. " Wait! He has a girlfriend? " Taehyung shot his boxy smile. " Yes, why are so happy about it? " Jennie chuckled at his unusual behaviour. " I thought I had a competition. " He pouted.

" Pabo! They've been dating since high school. " Jennie giggled and pecked his lips. " He's just my neighbour more like a bestfriend. I missed him so much because he shifted to New Zealand for almost a year now. And haven't visited lately, so we're all excited! " He nodded still unsure about the jealousy. " I love you Kim Taehyung. " She stared at him. " I love you too. " He pecked her but soon it turned into a passionate kiss.

-

Mr.Kim stared at the frame of Jennie across his room. How adorable she looked in family tree picture, he stil remembers how much they struggled to stop Jennie running and get a good picture.

The giggles coming from outside we're quite audible and it made him rethink about what Mrs.Kim said 'This is the first I've ever seen her smile in all these years, pls don't ruin it anymore.'

Even though he hated him, but kept and ordered some people to keep check on him. Moreover when he started his business, he commanded investers to invest in it. Somewhere a part of him knew that the little boy wasn't at fault.

Soon there was a knock.

" Can I come in? " Familiar person spoke and he nodded. " Take a seat. " He motioned towards the couch across. " Um.. I don't k-know what to say. All I can say is Sorry. I didn't mean to- " Taehyung bowed his head. " It's fine, you don't need to give explanations. " " I'm sorry. I honestly did change... I am not into those things anymore, I really tried to avoid that situation too, but I couldn't help it. But now I own my own company set up in Korea and it's one of the best. " He explained and bit his lip still unsure if he should tell this.

" Even though I had an accident, but your daughter still made me fall for her. No matter how hard it was for me to recollect memories, but I still succeeded... And remembered every little thing of us, and even promised that I'll never forget them. " He took a breath.

"I wanted to talk to you today because I have some important news to discuss... First, I want to tell you how much I've enjoyed getting to know you and Mrs.Kim, and how much I appreciate being welcomed into the family. You are wonderful parents, and I know that Jennie is such a kind and caring person today because of that. " Mr.Kim chuckled and nodded.

" Your daughter means the world to me, and I hope to spend the rest of my life proving that to her. I plan on proposing by next week, so if would be a great honour of you could give me your blessings. " He mumbled and finally took a breath. 'I hope that hours of practicing this essay, is worth' He thought.

" Omo! It's good, you surely have my blessings. And this time make sure you don't forget everything, or else i would be the one reminding you! " He pinched his nose. " Don't you ever make my daughter cry, or I'll beat the shit out of you. " He muttered and Taehyung chuckled.

" Thanks Mr.Kim. " Taehyung said and he slapped him lightly. " It's Dad now, isn't it? " They both giggled.

Little did they know, both the ladies have been watching them and tears were already formed hearing them. " I'm so happy for you Jen. " Mrs.Kim mumbled and hugged her soon-to-be-getting-married daughter. " I'm too. " She whispered.

____________________

The shortest book has the longest Epilogue * welp 2.0 *

But isn't it the cutest?