Nokken

This was requested by Cute-lil-spook. The reader is a fairy in this one. Enjoy!

Setting the last of the preparations up, you glanced around. Since the fairies were hosting the summer solstice this year, that is your offering to mother nature. The orcs and the elves will be here soon with their offerings, and I heard that even some of the water entities plan on joining. That's why you set up near a river this time. Speaking of the others, you could see several from each already shuffling through the trees to the clearing.

Smiling and waving to some of the orcs or elves that put their offerings on the ground or by the throne, you tried to help as much as you could. That was until Iris pulled you to the side.

"(Y/N), we need more water. There are a lot more here than I thought there would be."

"I told you there would be." You scoffed, grabbing a couple of buckets, "I got you though."

Heading to the river, you filled the buckets before realizing that there was glowing yellow eyes watching you from the water. The man stood before holding up a violin as if he to play it. You had to admit that the music was stunningly beautiful. He was watching you closely, making you a little nervous that he was giving you so much attention. You didn't understand why until he backed up further on the water. You could just barely see the other eyes under the dark water surface. Giving him a smile seemed to make him stop playing.

"If you're going to try to drown someone, maybe make sure they're not a fairy, Mr. Nokken." You laughed, grabbing the buckets again, "You're all on time though. Mother Nature should be here soon."

Smirking at his shocked expression, you went back with the water. Laughing when you saw Iris.

"You won't believe it, but someone tried to drown me." You announced, making her look over your shoulder.

"You mean yellow eyes watching you?" Looking back, you tried not to shutter when he didn't even bother looking away.

"Well now, does little (Y/N) have an admirer?" Turning to the soft voice, you and Iris bowed the elegantly dressed woman.

"Mother Nature, we welcome you to the Summer Solstice Festival." Iris greeted making the woman hum before looking over your heads then back to you with a smile.

"Tonight, should be interesting indeed." Watching her stroll to her throne, you glanced at Iris.

"She's plotting something." You muttered, feeling her shake your shoulder.

"(Y/N), it's a festival. Enjoy yourself." Iris laughed, grabbing your hands and spinning.

She has a point. The whole point of the festival is to celebrate Mother Nature. To form new lasting bonds and rejoice with the bonds you do have. The Nokken played the most, with his violin. Though it felt like he never looked away from you. He always had a curious, interested look though. Not like you were exactly innocent either. You even had a couple dancing partners question if you were okay because you kept looking at the Nokken. It most have bothered them, because as the night went on, you found that you were left alone more.

Taking a look over at Mother Nature, you felt your body tense when she whispered something to Iris. Her eyes flickering to you before she gave you a sneaky grin. You definitely don't like that look. That was when Iris made the announcement for a game. It's a typical game of guessing that happens every year, but you find the timing suspicious. Stepping back as she handed you a blind fold, you glared at her.

"You're going to set me up with the Nokken, aren't you?" You growled, earning a gasp from her.

"You know this is set up randomly." She pouted, making you sigh as you tied the cloth around your eyes.

Waiting, you braced for a cold, scaled hand to grab yours. Surprised when a very large hand seemed to wrap around yours before pulling you into a dance. That's definitely an orcs hand. Dancing along with him, you thought of all the orc names you could remember. You had just thought of a name when he spun you out. Your hand leaving his for a brief second, but someone else's hand grabbing yours. A cold, dry hand almost reminding you of an elf.

"Um, Alderon?" You guessed, not quite good at remembering elf names.

"Not quite, Little Fairy." He chuckled, before humming a song that made you feel completely at ease.

There was just something about his voice, that made you forget all about the contest. Instead, you focused on his voice and him spinning you around. Leading you in the dance easily. You had to admit, it almost felt like he was humming that song to you specifically. You didn't even protest when he pulled you closer than before.

"Have you given up, Little Fairy." He almost sounded like he was teasing you, but you didn't care.

"Maybe." You grinned, "I can't place your voice. What's your name?"

"Can't tell you in the middle of a game." He answered, making you curious but drop the question.

"Alright then. I noticed you're not humming to the music. Is the humming for me?" You questioned, feeling him grab your chin.

"Maybe it is? Love at first sight and all. Why not sweep you off your feet the best way I know how?"

"Charming." You giggled, both of you stopping when you heard Mother Nature's voice ring out.

"That's game. Winners get your prize from your partner. Blindfolds off."

You were about to remove yours but stopped when you felt him kiss you. A laugh leaving you as he pulled away.

"Moving a little fast, aren't you?" You teased.

"Well, just in case, you decided to avoid me." He muttered, as you finally removed your blindfold.

The Nokken stood in front of you, with an actual smile on his face. You thought he would feel like a fish, but you were surprised. He looked much better with a smile, for sure. Feeling him move to kiss your hand, you snapped out of your thoughts.

"Well, you were right about trying to sweep me off my feet." You attempted to make a light joke, which made his smile widen, "You said you already love me?"

"It's as strong as Mother Nature, herself. Oh, and my name is Asmond, since you asked earlier." He finally answered, before you realized Mother Nature was approaching you two.

His hand wrapped around yours as he turned to her, "It was about time you two. I've been trying to get you two together all night."

Blinking at her, you glanced at him, to see he looked stunned too. Seems he didn't know either. That didn't stop him from smiling down at you. Looking back at Mother Nature, you saw that she had yet another smirk on her face before she turned her back to you.

"Dear me, I wonder where (Y/N) and Asmond went." She hummed, looking over the festival "Surely they wouldn't sneak away from this festival together to be alone with each other."

Your mouth dropped open at her. Then you were stumbling after Asmond as he dragged you away from everyone else. Pulling you down the river aways before finally stopping.

"Is this really, okay?" You grumbled, not sure about just leaving.

"Well, Mother Nature didn't see us leave." He grinned while winking at you, "So, tell me about yourself, Little Fairy."