Werebat

This was requested by Alexa1969349! Thank you and enjoy!

Yawning while twirling your staff, you leaned against the arm of the throne. Just past the doors of the throne room, you could hear the voices arguing as they whispered. Resistance member, here to kill you. It's been like this ever since you kill the royal family. The most loyal knights have been trying to kill you. Even when you told all of the knights and servants that they could go home to their families, only a few stayed. Not to help you though.

Finally hearing their whispering going silent, you sat up straight. Sounds like they were going to send one person in. Probably their best fighter, but you know they won't be a match against a magician like yourself. The person who walked through the doors wasn't who you were expecting, however. Your childhood best friend, Theo walked through. He had the shield of the second highest-ranking knight. A silver Unicorn on this shield. Different from the regular plain looking shield he had last time.

"I see you've been promoted several times, Theo." You hummed, giving him a faint smile that he didn't return, "Are you hear to kill me, like the others?"

"I'm here to reason with you, (Y/N)." He spoke firmly as if he was going to lecture you, as he used to do, "You kill the royal family. The palace is in chaos because the guards are wanting to uprise against you. Please, stop and surrender. The priest has said that he will give you the lightest punishment he can, if you give yourself up."

"No." You sighed, standing, "Theo, you know that priest is corrupted. He'll kill me the second I surrender. What's more, I told everyone here they could go home to their families. There shouldn't be any chaos in the castle since no one but me should be here."

"You killed the royal family. The knights want to avenge them." He stated, making you glare at him.

"Avenge? They want to avenge the people who let the priest kill hundreds of innocent lives. The royal family who let their subject starve during the famine while they ate as normal royalty?" You yelled, marching up to him, "The same ones who allowed the slave trade to continue? The same ones who killed our mothers for being different. Are those the people you're willing to avenge?"

"I'm not here to avenge them." He screamed back, towering over you, "There is a right way and a wrong way to handle things like that. You don't go killing the royal family. Now for the last time, give yourself up. They have blessing from the Priest to kill you if you don't."

"Then you might as well kill me yourself, because I won't let myself be handed over to that devil in disguise, but I won't fight you with my magic. Not when I swore to never hurt you with my magic." You snapped, staring into his green eyes to see what he would do.

He glared at you before his eyes softened and he looked down. You can remember the last time he looked this upset around you. He had told you his biggest secret. One that he had been scared to tell you, because the priest would kill him for it. It's when you really started caring for him, because you had someone to protect. Grabbing his hand, you tilted his chin up to look at you.

"Theo, you were once my best friend." You reminded him, "If I ever meant anything to you, please trust me now."

He looked like he was mentally fighting himself on it. You were willing to give him time, if you hadn't looked past him to the door. The other knights had snuck in. Shooting an arrow at you without you even realizing it.

"Theo, get back." You ordered pushing him behind you as you used your magic to make a barrier.

Your eyes widening as the arrow went straight through your magic and into your shoulder. Screaming, you gripped your shoulder in pain, as it knocked you back. Theo catching you as you stumbled.