Eastern Dragon

This was requested by Sjmastero2! It was inspired by a Chinese legend and by the Netflix movies "Nezha". I don't own Ao Bing or Nezha in any way. Enjoy!

Looking around the palace, you grinned when you saw your best friend walking a head of you. Grinning, you snuck up behind him and wrapped your arms around his neck, playfully.

"Hey Little Dragon Prince." You giggled as he temporarily lost his balance, "What's going on? You were so lost in thought that you didn't even hear me sneak up."

"My father wants to see me." He sighed, sounding worried.

" Ao Bing, I'm sure everything will be fine." You grinned, letting him go to walk by him, "As luck would have it, your father also wanted to see me."

"So that's why the little goddess of love is here." He teased, making you chuckle.

Locking your arms around his, you gave him a reassuring smile. You've been friends with him since you both were little. Both of you turn to each other whenever either of you are troubled. You would even go as far as to say that you fell in love with him. You've made sure to keep quiet on that though. You're sure that it would be hard to believe that a goddess of love would fall love too.

"Everything will be okay." You grinned at him, noticing his eyes widen slightly before he quickly looked away.

Finding his reaction cute, you composed yourself as you reached the Dragon Kings throne room. The large blue dragon was curled up on a platform with his head held high. Looking majestic as any royal dragon does. When he saw you though, he bowed his head.

"Welcome, (Y/N). I am happy you accepted my invitation." He announced.

"Of course, Dragon King." You nodded, "It's not every day you personally invite me. Something must be troubling you."

"It's nothing troubling, but it's an agreement between me and your mother." He explained, his yellow eyes shifting between you and Ao Bing, "(Y/N), Ao Bing, it's been decided that the two of you will wed to create a stronger bond between the dragons and the court of heaven."

Swallowing the lump in your throat, you forced yourself not to look at Ao Bing. Something you both do when you can't think of what to say. You know your manners though.

"Yes, Dragon King." You both answered bowing.

"If it is the will of both the dragons and the court of Heaven then it will be done." You agreed.

"Then the wedding will be in a week." Dragon King announced, "You are both dismissed.

Leaving the throne room, you felt your heart jump when Ao Bing secretly held your hand. Both of you keeping your composure until you the throne room doors shut behind you. Growing nervous since Ao Bing hasn't said anything, you glanced up at him. Obvious shock on his face as he looked at you with his blue eyes. Then he smiled and picked you up to spin.

"We're getting married." He laughed, before setting you down and hugging you.

"You want to get married?" You gasped, feeling him nod.

"I'm marrying my best friend. A literally goddess." He grinned down at you, "I never thought I stood a chance with you, but this..I couldn't be happier with this."

He's actually happy. You have to say you feel the same. Laughing with him, you hugged him again. Squeaking when he kissed you. Normally you'd be embarrassed to show affection in public like this, but with Ao Bing, you don't care. You love him.

"We have so much to do. Planning the decorations, the band, what we'll wear, the guests." He listed, grabbing your hand as you walked down the halls.

"I have to let my friend Nezha know I won't be around as often and invite him." You mentioned, feeling him tense as he frowned.

"Are...are you sure?" He asked, with clear concern, "I've heard the stories about him. He sounds like trouble for a kid. He's already killed and he's only 10. He hurts others for amusement."

"I'm his only friend" You explained, "He's just misunderstood.  I'm sure most of those were accidents. He'll behave at our wedding."

"Fine. Only because you insist and because I love you." He grumbled, before you smiled and kissed him.

"Thank you. I love you too. Now Let's get started with the planning." You cheered pulling him along.

_ 1 week later_

"Bing!" Yelling his name, you looked around the forest again.

Of all the days his father sent him out it had to be the day of your wedding. You had hoped he would be gone for a short time, but he's been gone for hours. You got worried so you've been searching for him.

Shivering against the sudden cold wind, you gasped. This was Bing's magic. Running towards the direction the wind came from, you reached a field. Bing's long dragon form flying over you. You could tell his was in clear distress. You didn't know why until you saw the red ribbon that was wrapped around his mouth and body. 

Your friend Nezha was on Bing's back. A cruel smile on his face. You've only seen that look on his face before. Nothing good ever comes from that look.

"Stop it!" You screamed running to them, "Nezha, don't do it."

Horror filled you as you saw Nezha pull a white line from Ao Bing. Hearing Ao Bing's roar of pain as he fell. Everything seemed to stand still as you watched, helplessly. Ao hit the ground, already lifeless. The love of your life gone. Nezha jumped to the ground laughing. Obviously, he hasn't noticed you yet. Kneeling on the ground by Ao Bing's head, you felt pain in your chest as you wrapped your arms around his neck. Sobbing against his white scales.

"(Y/N), look what I got." Nezha cheered, "I think I might turn this spine into a whip. Hey, why are you crying?"

"You killed him." You growled while sobbing, ignoring the growing pain in your chest, "You killed my fiancée, you monster!"

You didn't even care that he looked hurt by your words. You continued to sob against Ao Bing. Screaming in agony when it felt like your heart was being torn from your chest. The pain was enough to make you pass out. It didn't last long though. Groaning as you looked around, your attention went to the hand that was held out to you. Following the arm up, you gasped at Ao Bing.

"You couldn't live without me, could you (Y/N)?" He teased helping you up.

Confused, you took another look around. Gasping at your body. You almost looked like you were sleeping on Ao Bing's dragon form, but there was blood on your chest over your heart. You died from a broken heart. Swallowing the lump in your throat, you turned back to Ao Bing's spirit. Tears swelling in your eyes though you tried to wipe them away.

"I'm so sorry." You whimpered, "You were right about Nezha. I should have listened. I didn't think a ten-year-old could be such a monster."

"You wanted to be kind and understanding." He whispered, pulling you into a hug that comforted you, "I love that about you. My death wasn't your fault. I'm sorry for breaking your heart. I should have refused my father's request. I should have stayed at our wedding."

Staying quiet, you let him hold you. Finding comfort with him, for now. You know you'll be reincarnated again. Then you'll be separated. As if he could tell what you were thinking Ao Bing pulled away and kissed you.

"I promise, I'll find you in our next life and I will marry you." He swore seeming completely determined.

Nodding, you hugged him again tightly, "I'll wait for you. For as long as it takes."