six

Chapter 6: "NO TRESPASSING"

Clary Copeland

"Jack, can you just sit on the porch first, please." I told my brother as he happily obliged while eating his chocolate ice cream

I rummaged through my bag to look for the front door keys since my mother is at work until seven at night. I finally twisted the key and the door clicked. I twist the gold knob and tapped my brothers shoulder motioning him to enter the house.

I put the keys on the counter near the kitchen where I saw a paper taped onto the fridge. It said 'Be back on Thursday. Business calls again, Love you both. - Momamazing"

I present to you my mother. I guess that's where my oddness comes from. Thank God, we have the house to ourselves- cue the evil laughter in the background.

"Where's mum?" Jack asked while pulling the ends of my shirt as I opened the fridge door and grabbed some bottled juice and turning on some lights.

"Work." I said as i took a big gulp of my drink. 

With that one word his face turned into a frown, "When will mummy come back?" He asked me as I knelt down to take off his shoes and put it on the rack. I grab his bag from his hands and put it on my shoulder- being too small, which made me look like a pre-schooler.

I guess Jace was right, I do look like a pre-schooler.

"Thursday. What's with that face? We can eat chicken all day, ice cream, and watch TV! Cheer up, bro." I squealed as I ruffled his hair.

"But no one will read me bedtime stories. You hate reading me those stuff." Well, that's true.

I never really liked reading those lame stories to him- especially the knight and the princess book. Lame.

I rolled my eyes and sighed "Fine, I will do it." His eyes widened with shock and excitement "Really?!" He asked me as he giggled and jump up and down the couch.

How in the world does he still have energy for that?

"Yeah, yeah. Whatev- ," I was cut off by the doorbell. Mom left for a business trip, Dad did too.

We don't have much visitors, my cousins visit during thanksgiving and such events. Then, who could that be? Oh, please don't tell me I'ts Jace or all hell will break lose.

"Is it your Marianne or your boyfrien, a while ago?" I glare at my little brother who's busy laughing at me and making funny dance moves. Crazy weirdo. He went back to the cartoon he's watching and continued on licking on his dessert.

I opened the door, frowned and slammed it.

Who would else be that one person I would be frowning at and slamming the door on the face? No other than Jace Freaking Wade. "Hey! Clary, wouldn't you want to let me in?" He shouted from outside and bang his hand against the door.

"Shut up! And go home!" I shouted back at him.

"I didn't come for you! My sister did." He banged on the door yet again. What? His sister?

I opened the door and there it revealed his little sister, named Violet that I met when I came to his house. She probably hates me now since I slammed the door on their faces.

"Oops. Sorry Violet, come in." I smiled sweetly at her and she ran towards where my brother is.

My brother's face lit up as she climbed up on the couch. Well, somebody's got a crush. I smirked at them and Jace was about to enter when I pushed him back outside.