one

Chapter 1: "PICTURES AND EGOS"

Clary Copeland

"CLARY! wake up!" my mum's voice awoken me from my sleep. Ugh. I thought it was a Sunday today? Do I have school? nope. Definitely not. Then, why in the world is she telling me to wake up? Its like five in the morning, what the hell.

In school, I am what you call nerd or the goody-two-shoes and they would call me hot for only one reason, my grades, it's defined as the hottest grades.

But I don't wear those stereotypical suspenders and khakis, I'm one of those girls who gets good grades and still looks fine,forgive me. It's not my fault that I don't want to be working at mcdonald's in a few years from now and eat cup noodles for the rest of my life while I take care of my cats.

I'm Clary Copeland, seventeen, a senior, and I just want to finish this last year of school without any trouble . I live in California. I have this straight hair that flows up to my back in an ombrè colour. I fell asleep in a short period of time and yet awoken by the footsteps coming upstairs.

"Didn't i tell you to wake up, young lady?" my mum said as she grabbed the blankets off of me "Cant i just sleep in please?" I tried my best to do the puppy dog eyes and trust me I look like a squirrel and well it didn't work on her.

Maybe, I have to practice it a little more.

"No, we have a new neighbor and I baked some cupcakes for them as a welcoming present. Now would you take a shower and brush your teeth, your morning breathe smells awfully bad and give it to them." She practically pushed me put of bed.

I sighed as I went to the bathroom and took a bath. I put on my mickey mouse shirt and some shorts, putting on my glasses and combed my hair. I finally headed downstairs.

"Finally, I thought you drowned or something. Eat up, do it fast so you can give these to them." my mom said as she put pancakes on my plate and hot coco. "Good morning to you too, mum." I said, I quickly dug into my plate and left nothing but a little crumb.

"You done?" my mom asked and I nodded as I put my plate and glass to the sink. "Okay,now give this to the Wade Family and be nice." She gave me a stern look and I grabbed the box and gave her a small smile as I strut toward the door and wore my bunny slippers.

I went next door, to the Wade's. This house wasn't bought for almost a year now. I was about to knock when the door opened, were they expecting me?

Weird. Are they a family of spies?

The door revealed a woman around my mom's age and she gave me a small smile.

"Good morning, Mrs Wade, nice to meet you." I smiled at her as I handed her the box of cupcakes. "Is this cupcakes? Oh! This is my all time favorite treat! Thank you, Thank you!" she said to me as she hugged me,

"Come in come in! I'll get you something to drink, be right back, sweet pea." She gestured for me to get in.

I sat on the couch and stared at the different varieties of furniture and I must say it was well-furnished, they had paintings, vases and as well as family pictures. I was busy looking around when I saw a little girl that is around the age of my little brother.

I waved at her hello, "Hello," I said my voice sweet and soothing, my smile looked as if I will be kidnapping her any second now, she waved back at me and giggled as she run towards me.

"Hi," she said smiling like crazy, she put her hands up telling me to pick her up. I sat her on my lap.

"What's your name?" I asked her peering into her blue orbs. To be honest, I'm a little jealous of her eyes, mine's colored brown, which is too common and boring.

"Violet" she said lingering on the 'Vi' , "You?" She pointed at me, "Well, nice to meet you violet, that's a very pretty name. My name is Clary." I smiled at her, Mrs Wade came back with a drink and gave it to me. I drank it and told her that I would go home, she nodded and thanked me once more, I finally went back home.

Night came and before i knew it, it was going to be a Monday tomorrow. I changed into my pajamas, I was about to close the window, when i saw a hottie with the body and i could feel myself blushing.

He was very close because the window gap is only a three to four rulers between us so I went to grab my phone and opened the camera, I took several pictures of him. My eyes dangerously eyeing his body up and down. His body was naturally tanned, and since he was shirtless, his toned abs was shown in all it's glory. His brown hair was tousled, as if it wasn't combed or styled and his face was the best feature of all.

It's as if it was carved by Michelangelo himself, his lips are red. His muscles are also well defined and he has got thick eyebrows and that's rare for men, but he's rocking that look.

I bet girls are all over him and that he's Brazilian, judging by all his features.

I was busy taking a lot of pictures of him when I hear a cough. My eyes widened as i slowly looked up to him.

"Damn- damn it. The signal here is so slow, I should call them tomorrow." I stuttered as I wave my phone out the window in hopes that he'd let it go, as he chuckled.

"Is it really the signal, princess? It's okay, you don't have to lie. I know you want this and all you have to do is kindly ask." What a major turn off, God his ego so big and i bet its bigger than his ding dong down there. I laughed at the thought. I didn't realize that i have said it that loud for him to hear. I quickly covered my mouth.

"I can prove to you that dick is bigger than my ego, princess." he smirked at me. Ugh, I want to slap that smirk off of his face.

Stop smirking, you idiot! You're giving me that tingling feeling I don't ever want to feel again. I rolled my eyes mentally. "Whatever, so you're the son of Mrs Wade?" I said trying to change the subject, hoping that he's not serious.

"The one and only," he winked at me, I just gave him a disgusted look, "Jace Wade. Now that pretty face of yours must have a name, care to share? Carebear?" What? Carebear? Is this guy for real?

I'm also having thoughts that he has a problem with his right eye. Apparently, he can't seem to stop smirking. "Clary Copeland." I responded to him.

"Well, goodnight sweetheart. See you in school tomorrow." He yet again winked. See what I told you? He needs to have that right eye checked, who knows it might be contagious.

"Wa-wait, what? You study in River Fresh High?" I asked him, my eyebrows creasing. Instead of answering my question, he shut down his window. My mouth hanging ajar, I watched him close his lights and drift off to sleep.

I closed my windows too and headed to bed, silently hoping and praying that he's not serious about studying in the same school as I am.

Author's Note:

Like the first part? Comment, rate, and favorite if you like :)

You can also comment your feedbacks, in order to help me improve this story more!

All the love. Goodnight everyone!

- Maya