four

Chapter 4: "BUFFALO WINGS AND A PARTY"

Clary Copeland

We finally reached the cafeteria without them following us and knowing where we ran off to. I don't know why won't he just leave me alone?! Seriously, he's like a leech sucking the life and freedom out of me.

"Finally, we've lost them." I inhaled a large amount of air to control my breathing and went to buy some snacks- and by snack I mean, a whole platter of chicken. "Good morning, can I have some buffalo wings and coleslaw on the side, thank you."

I paid the lady behind the counter and waited for Marianne to finish buying. "Found you!" I slightly jumped as I felt a pair of hands on my shoulder. Apparently, the cafeteria isn't the best place to hide especially when it's break time.

"Can you please quit following me? You one hell of a stalker." I practically shouted at him and left to find an empty table in the cafeteria full of hungry students.

Yes it was a bit rude- no scratch that. It is rude but for he way he acted today, he deserved it.

"You do know it's hard to play hide and seek in this school. It's not a playground and is very humongous. Plus, it's hard to find a small girl like you. You look like a pre-schooler." He chuckled as he taunts me about my height.

Hey, I'm not that short! It doesn't mean if you're height is a 5'5, you're already considered short. The world doesn't work that way.

"Whatever, I never asked you to seek for me and I never hid from you. I was simply trying to get through the day without seeing your horrid face." I sat onto the empty blue table enough for four people.

"I think you were a being bit harsh to him." I heard Marianne mumble as she opens her burger and popping a french fry into her mouth.

A bit harsh? Please. He is way mean than I am, that doesn't even hurt his feelings a little bit. I bet nothing even hurts him!

"He deserves it. And he continues on flirting with me, I don't know if he's flirting or he simply wants to tease me and watch me fall for him so in the end, he can laugh at my face for thinking that I could actually be part of his life." I sighed as I cut into the scrumptious meal.

"N-not that, I am planning or thinking to be part of his life." I focused on eating my meal as I hear her giggle and say "Okay." With a teasing tone.

I don't ever want to fall for him. It'll take a million years before I even think of him as a boyfriend material or before I even consider him taking a part in my heart. Never ever going to happen.

No.

"Hey! Earth to Clary," I heard Marianne say as she slaps the table.

"Hm, what? Sorry I was thinking about something for a moment." I told her.

Yeah, thinking if Jace could is eligible or not.

Her eyes widened "Oh my god! Are you thinking of Jacey Wadey?" she asked as she gapes and gasps, overreacting.

And Jacey Wadey? This lady and her nicknames are too lame. Why am I even friends with her?

"No! Why would I?" I asked her, shaking my head, convincing her that I would never think about him, which is a-

Big fat lie.

"Yeah, right. By the way, Callum asked me if we can go to their party on Friday night." She smiled sheepishly.

Okay, why would he ask her to go their party?

They were over a year ago. If you must know, Callum was her first boyfriend, first heartbreak, and first love. You see, for a few months she was able to make Callum avoid women and only have eyes for her. Yeah, well it didn't last long.