eight

Chapter 8: "BABYCAKES?"

Clary Copeland

Friday came as quicker than I've expected. My mom came home yesterday,meaning I don't have to stop at the nursery and I can ride my motorbike.

Hallelujah.

I know, you're wondering why in the world do I ride a motorbike and shouldn't a midget like me be afraid of riding that killing machine. Well, back in the olden days, my dad used to race using a motorbike. I forgot how you call that race, but yeah. That was his hobby.

That's also the main reason that my mom fell for him. According to my mother, it was love at first sight when she saw him racing that arena. I said, whatever.

I quickly drove off to school and as always everyone gives me strange looks like they're eyes are telling me that I want to belong or to be part of the popular kids, but in all honesty. I just like the way the wind blows my hair whenever I ride it, I want nothing to do with popularity.

Some people should just suck it up and get used to it.

Oh no.

Am I starting to sound like Jace?

This is bad.

I walked through the hallways of the school hearing people talking about the party at Jace's this Friday.

Would you look at that, he became famous in just five days? Damn Brazilian neighbor damn.

"Clary!" I hear someone yelling my name and as I turn around a figure crashes onto me. We almost fell down, luckily I was able to regain my balance.

"No need to shout, Marianne. Whats up?" I ask her and her eyes sparkling.

She's going to ask a favor. Believe me, I've been with this girl ever since 6th grade, I know the meaning of every single facial expression that she's making.

"Go to Jace's party? I really want to go and come on he sent us an invite- which by the way, rarely happens. Plus, you've never gone out to a single party! This is your chance, you live next door!" She pouts as she tries and tries to explain how neither one of us will get drunk, get pregnant or get embarrassed.

Nothing wrong will happen right? It's just a party.

"Fine. But you'll have to help me what to wear." I point a finger at her as I raise my eyebrow, waiting for her approval.

Her eyes widens and she squeals "Finally! Let's go shopping after school, yeah?" She says as she nudges me on the shoulder as we walk towards our math class. "Sounds like a plan." I smile at her while she playfully pushes me.

We enter the room, greeted by two of my most favorite person in the world.

Ha! yeah, right. "Hello, babycakes." Wow, his nicknames are getting lame and lamer as time passes by.

Jace greets me as he snakes his arms around my waist.

What? Is he a freaking reincarnation of a snake?

"Shut up and keep your hands to- ," I was cut off by a high-pitched voice from the back.

Great, let the show begin.

I swear, this girl is half crazy and half Barbie. "Hi, Bryana." I greet her as I fake a smile.

"Why are you all over with Jace, my honey booboo?" She screams at me as she points towards Jace.

Her what now? Is it just me or does it sounds like boobs? "Last time I checked your 'honey boob's or whatever- is the chemistry teacher." I smirk at her went to sit at the back with Marianne.