Epilogue

The City of Starlight glimmered beneath me as I flew above it. It was December now, just a few short nights before the solstice, and I was still hunting for gifts.

Rhysand was easy, a new suit he'd had his eyes on, but didn't want to tell anyone due to its cost. It was sleek, black, and trimmed to his figure. Though, I had a set of white wings sewed into the inner cuff on his right arm. 

Cassian I made short work of as well, a bar tab of fifty drinks paid for at Moonlight, the local bar. 

Morrigan, a set of lace-up heels like mine. She didn't realize I'd noticed how much she eyed the ivory ones, so I got her a set of her own from my palace when I returned to visit Kore after the war. Hers had golden wings at the base though, giving her the ability to fly, if only in her mind.

Feyre.. she took some time, but I found the old dresser in her home, the one painted for her and her sisters. I felt she could repurpose it for something, or repaint it from memory.

Elain, I gave her a small bottle of my golden shimmer to use on her dying plants. I'd tested it out on some wilted flowers at my castle, and they had healed wonderfully.

Nesta.. I wasn't sure if she'd be there. Things were bad now, with her. Even worse with her and Rhys. I'd gotten her a small gift of a new set of boots. She refused to change out of the ones that were falling apart at the seams.

And then, Azriel. He was who I was out hunting for. Racking my brain, darting in and out of stores, asking around, and still nothing. 

I hovered in the air, allowing my white wings to bathe in the moonlight, absorb every ounce of healing she could give me. My powers were stronger when she was, the brighter her light, the more golden I was. The Cauldron had linked us irrevocably. 

Gritting my teeth in frustration at my lack, I flew off towards Ramiel. The sacred stars shined brightly above me, as if in sympathy of my angst.

Slowly, I skidded to a stop as I hit the top of the mountain, and looked at the world around me. It was a chilled night, the smell of cedar hanging heavy in the air. Little dust clouds kicked up as I lowered myself down, hanging my legs off the edge of the world.

My wings fell behind me, relaxing on the dirt, absorbing the chill. The lights in Velaris began slowly blinking out, shops and diners closing for the night. I sighed, allowing my shimmer to die down, the gold to fade away. 

I sighed, rubbing my face with my palms, beyond frustrated, especially since he'd teased me earlier today about having my gift for a month nearly. 

But as I sat there, face to the moon, wings to the darkness, a small smile crept over my face. A secretive smile, one that hinted at a plan. A lovely plan. A beautiful one.

Standing much quicker than I sat, I shot off towards the City of Starlight, the perfect idea in mind.