"Mum!", I suddenly heard a dull voice shouting, "Mummy!"

Immediately, I opened my eyes and fell to my knees, the earth around me moving again.

"Grace?", I asked anxiously, reaching out for her hand to press her petite body against my chest, my arms wrapped around her tightly, "What's happening? Everything's about to be destroyed..."

Her big brown eyes looked up to me.

"It's inevitable", she said then, "You don't have to be afraid, mum. Everything's going to be better once it's over. Trust me."

I gulped, biting my lip, and tucked a strand behind her ear.

"We're going to be alright, mum", she assured me again, "Stay with daddy."

I nodded hesitantly and closed my eyes, desperately trying to escape this chaos.

But when I arrived at the hospital again, Tom and Liz weren't there any longer, they were no longer waiting outside. So, I started to run.

Run, through the hallways whereby everything seemed to be on fast forward, passing by faster than anyone could have possibly seen. And within a heartbeat, I was back there. Back in his room where those eyes I hadn't seen for years were now staring at Robert, still no sign of Tom or Liz.

"Junior", the older man whispered in shock, staring at his son, "What happened to you?"

I covered my mouth with my hands, taking a step back as my eyes filled with tears.

Hesitantly, Robert opened his eyes.

"Dad", he exhaled scarcely audible, swallowing hard, "What-... What are you doing here?"

"What I'm doing here?", his father repeated, rolling his eyes, "Your friend called me, saying you were at the hospital, saying you were in a bad condition. Your sister and I took the first flight to get here..."

"A- Allyson? Y- You brought Allyson here?", Robert countered in surprise, "Why did you do that?"

Suddenly, the brown-haired woman emerged from the shadows, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Because I care about you, Rob", she then insisted, desperately trying to fight against the upcoming tears in her eyes.

Robert gulped and closed his eyes again.

"Ally", he whispered then, slightly shaking his head, "You should not have come here..."

"You're ill, Bobbie", she interrupted him, walking over to his bed where she sat down, reaching out for his hands, "You need help. I've talked to your doctor. We both have..." She quickly turned around to the older man before she faced her brother again. "You're in a critical condition but he can save your life."

"Maybe", he agreed weakly, faking a smile, "But I don't want to be saved, Ally. She's waiting for me."

Suddenly, his father started to laugh.

"Of course it's because of her", he mumbled then, shaking his head, "It has always been about her. Don't you see that, junior?"

"Dad", the woman insisted strictly, begging him to be quiet.

But he didn't pause.

"Ever since you've been with that woman-..."

"Kate!", Robert insisted decisively, his voice now deeper and more powerful, "Her name's Kate. Don't you dare to talk about her like that!" He clenched his fists, shaking his head. "You don't know anything about her or what we had! Or did you forget what has happened when I asked her to marry me? Did you forget how you told me you'd never talk to me again as long as I was with her?"

How To Save A Life [A Robert Downey Jr. Fan-Fic]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें