The Backstory Of Magus

Magus is a famous magician that constantly moves around cities and towns doing acts to shock and impress everyone watching. But one day, after he was done with an act and went outside to catch a breather he suddenly got assaulted by a gang, demanding him to hand over money. He refused though, telling them maybe they don't have to resort to violence and that he'd help them. A second later, they fired hundreds of bullets into his face, purely for money. After they robbed him of everything he had on him, they left him to lay there and die.

He had so much resolve that he refused to die. So, in what seemed to be his last breath, he put all of his life essence and a pair of eyes onto his hat, and somehow it brought him back to life. (well, kind of, since he's basically a hat now) Even though he is the hat, he managed to permanently fuse it to his body so he could actually gain control of his own body once again.

He could hardly see though, due to the fact that he had barely any magic left so his pair of eyes had awful eyesight. He wanted to get some glasses, so he wandered into a Costco in what he thought was a Walmart, with that big area for glasses. When he made it inside, he soon realized it was actually an abandoned Costco that the gang that supposedly eliminated him used to hide in. He quickly tried to flee the place, but a wall rose up from the ground, blocking his only exit, seemingly being from something blocking him from exiting on purpose.

Stuck with no way of exiting, he decided to try to find the tools necessary for escape. Unfortunately, that would prove difficult for there were guards roaming the halls constantly heavily protecting the aisles with potential weapons and means of escape. He rethought his plan and finally decided what he would finally do next...

Seek revenge.