Chapter 2: Survival Of The Fittest

I had now finally come to terms with the fact that I'd have to stay here for a long while to get everything I need to bust out of here. With that in mind, my first plan of action was gathering some food and water...until I realized my face was blown off. It seemed to be impossible to consume food and water, but I realized I could just mash up the food and shove it down my throat, and just pour the water down. Knowing that, I started to move around the place. I moved from aisle to aisle sneakily, until finally finding some food. Unfortunately, there was a guard patrolling that specific aisle. I knew what I had to do. "No...I..I can't.." I thought to myself, but I came to the conclusion that I have to do what I must. As he walked over to where I am, I started choking him while keeping my other hand on his mouth. "MMMMHMPPPHHH MM MM MPHPHPM" Is all I could hear from him, while he slowly lost more and more air over time. I whispered in his ear "I'm sorry." and gently put down his corpse. He was only unconscious.

"Oh god, he still has a pulse.." I murmured to myself. There were no weapons around besides his gun, but that was too loud. I had to snap his neck. That doesn't sound too bad, right? Well sure ultimately it would be easy to do, but now I had to face through killing the poor sap again. And so, I wrapped my hands around his neck, and murdered him. There was no blood or anything, but after that I never felt like a good man ever again.

I went over and took some assorted goods, such as chips and fruits and such I could just eat right away. Next up was water, which is usually around the back of the store. "Shit." I thought to myself, "How am I going to pull this off? Getting the whole water case will be tough since it's heavy, and there's likely even more guards patrolling there! Fuck!" I realized that I could only go a couple of days without water, so maybe I could've gotten it later? But no, I decided to risk it all for the water, since I wasn't taking any chances...even though I was trying to get it to begin with, which was risky.

Around the middle of the store, I encountered a couple of patrol guards checking around the place. I would've taken them down, but since there were 2, one would most likely notice the other one was gone and alert everyone, putting the area into lockdown which would most definitely result in me getting killed. By some miracle, I noticed a quarter on the ground that I could use to easily distract the men. So I flicked it to where I was at the moment "Huh?" "Sounds like money!" "Money? Heck yeah!" The greedy guards went over, so I rushed to the other side of the aisle and continued on my journey.

Finally, I made it to the back of the store, and somehow there weren't even any guards patrolling there! I guess no one thought someone would make it all the way over there. As I picked up the case to bring to the front of the store, I heard footsteps. I got startled, and dropped the water on the ground. "What the hell was that?" A guy said, but not any normal man, for when I peeked to see who it was, it looked like a higher ranking member. I thought quickly on the spot, and decided the best course of action. I ripped out a bottle from the case, and threw it directly at his head. With spot on aim, the guy quickly got knocked down and made a loud thump on the ground. "Ughhh...my...my head..MY HEAD! IT'S BLEEDING! HEEEEEEEEEELP!" He yelled out. The moment I heard that, I grabbed as much water as I could carry from the case and booked it for the food aisle.

After around a minute or so, I finally made it back. I decided to make a little cubby on the big shelves, hiding myself behind some boxes. This was my new home. As I placed down everything and layed down on the hard, steel shelf ground, I heard a voice. "Do not kill my people." "What?" "You do not want to mess with me.." "Who...who are you?" "The demon of this place." "..." After hearing that, I just brushed it off, assuming that was just a part of my imagination.But when I woke up, I saw something...something staring at me...right in my eyes.