Chapter 11: The truth

*SAGE'S POV*

We're sitting at the game waiting for it to begin. I can't help but notice Theo looks so out of it. He is constantly staring into a state of nothing.

As the game begins he goes to shoot the hoop. He misses. He never misses that shot.
The ball keeps getting taken off of him, he keeps missing.
Somethings up with him. He's blowing this game.

As we're bringing water on court halfway i decide to check in on him.

"Are you okay?" I ask.
He looks at me hesitantly.
"Yeah why?"
"Your not acting yourself and your definitely not playing like it."
He looks at me then grabs me by my wrist and pulls me out the court into the lockerroom.

The puts his hands on my waist.

"I was talking with Jai and he was saying how he was nervous you coming here alone because of your past. What did he mean Sage?"

Oh god. This is the conversation i dreaded having with him. I break eye contact and look away to hide my teary eyes.
One of his hands grip my chin and make me look at him.

"What happened love?"

I take a deep breath.
"When i was in highschool i struggled a lot with my mental health. I got diagnosed with an eating disorder, depression and anxiety all within a couple weeks. I struggled for years of my life and it really affected me and my family." I tell him truthfully.

"I'm so sorry." He mumbles before pulling me to his chest for a hug.

I wrap my arms around his neck breathing in his yummy smell.

"Thank you for telling me." He says.

"Are you okay to play now?"

He quickly nods his head.

We go back to the court.

"You good man?" I hear the boys say as i walk back to my seat with the waters.

Now he is playing amazing, he's shooting as usual, he's getting the ball, and he's doing a prefect job. Did that really distract him that much?

After the game ends the boys all go to the locker rooms to shower and change and me and Lara wait outside for them. Soon enough they come out.

"You did so good Theo." I say giving him a kiss on the cheek. I watch as his cheeks turn pink.

"Thank you." He says.

As me and Theo are sitting on the couch watching a movie i notice he has a tattoo on his ankle.
I focus a little bit closer to it and i notice it's a semi-colan tattoo.
The one next to it is a boy standing in the middle, then two ghosts next to him holding his hands.
"Theo." I mumble.
"Hm." He turns his gaze to me then sees where i'm looking my eyes locked on the semi-colan tattoo. I can't beleive he didn't tell me.
He takes a deep shakey breath.

"It makes so much more sense." I whisper to myself.
"Huh?"
I stand from the couch and pace infront of the tv.
"You knew all those techniques, you can tell when i'm off, you make sure i eat. You've been through stuff and now i'm bringing it all back for you and it's all my fault." I pace my mind racing.