Shu Yamino

✿ Shu Yamino x Fem Reader.
✿ Tags: Fluff, AU

✿ Requested by: whay_me

A small but humble hut was hidden in the depths of the forest, cold and silent

A small but humble hut was hidden in the depths of the forest, cold and silent. In it a supposed sorcerer by the name of Shu resided, studying the behavior of mystical animals inhabiting the magical area.

On his desk rested thousands of notes, pages torn from ancient books and even grimoires, vague drawings of his previous sightings, and a particular, tiny, pale-colored flower which could easily be mistaken for a drop of water. At his side, a small but charismatic little creature who used to visit him often; wings sprouting from her back and her tinkling laughter characterized her.

It was difficult for both of them to communicate, due to the considerable difference in their languages and the tiny being's apparent lack of voice. However, they did their best to do so.

Every evening without fail, the fairy visited him as soon as the sunset began. The sky was tinted with warm hues and pastel pink clouds adorned her surroundings. She would always leave a flower of a different color on the encyclopedia of worn leaves on his desk.

Hours and hours would go by and even the fairy would still be waiting for him there. Hoping to share the activities they had done during the day.

However, one singular day that creature was nowhere to be seen.

Shu checked every corner, place and object behind which her friend could be hiding, however, not finding her, he found it strange. And that doubt grew into nervousness, bathed in fear, after when that day turned into a whole week.

He asked the gnomes, spirits and even other fairies who lived nearby, but no one was able to give him a clue to her whereabouts. And Shu, plunged in anguish, decided to take matters into his own hands.

Filling a bag with dried fruits and nuts, various magical items and even an emergency wand, the man was about to leave his home... had it not been for a rumbling in his kitchen.

At a cautious pace, he lifted his carefully crafted wand and pointed it in front of him in a defensive manner. Violet orbs scanned every millimeter of the room, only to immediately find the shattered glass of a window, and beneath it, a trembling figure.

He frowned in confusion, approached the scene and as soon as he could detail those features peering fearfully behind a cardboard which it took to cover itself, he let out a sigh, impregnated with relief and joy at the same time.

"Y/n?" he curved his lips slightly, a turtle-like smile tugging at them.

The girl, of damaged translucent wings, stopped hiding, slowly and sorrowfully lowering what was hiding her. "... Shu..." she uttered, faint and trembling.

He laughed, a weight lifting from his shoulders in a matter of seconds. And he couldn't help but to approach her, intent on observing what had happened to her. "I was so worried about you..." he looked down at her folded wings, slightly torn at their tips. "Did something bad happen?"

His voice, so soft and sweet made the girl feel at ease. Her tense shoulders shifted to a calm position, and her fluttering eyelashes gently covered her e/c eyes. It was almost as if the sorcerer ignored the fact that she is of a human size now.

"Mm." she denied, a couple of times and quickly. "I... uhm. I made a potion to... be the size of a human and.... mm... I didn't know it would be so difficult to fly like this... sorry." each word was becoming more and more of a whisper, a pout peeking through her lips. She felt guilty as she realized she made Shu worry.

"You don't need to worry, it's fine." he watched her, his gaze as gentle as ever. "And the potion seems to have worked great! Even your wings got pretty big." he showed her a beaming smile, with a stripe of teeth in it.

And that, managed to melt her heart a little more.

missing shu hours💔hope the lil ladybug that he found on his desk is alr

missing shu hours💔
hope the lil ladybug that he found on his desk is alr