We walk around the hole, careful not to fall. The boys are watching the road, I assume checking there's no guards looking for us around.

I find one folding-chair that's sitting alone next to one of the windows JJ is standing by, and I choose to sit there. As soon as my butt touches the fabric, my legs give up and a groan escapes my lips.

I can feel my pulse in my feet, and the aching pain in my calf muscles. I'm almost sure that if you give me five more minutes, I could start crying.

"We gotta get Kiara out, guys. Does anyone have anything?"

"I do." I raise my hand, "I have multiple limbs in pain, a headache and absolutely zero will to move until morning."

"Babe, you're not helping." JJ bites down his lower lip, trying not to smile.

"Listen, I want to get Kiara out as much as you. But there's nothing we can do right now."

"Brizo's right." Pope agrees, "We can't storm the fort. We can't call the cops. We can't negotiate. We don't know what they want."

"Well, if Jimmy knows about the San Jose, I bet he also knows about the Merchant." I shrug. "This has to be related in some way."

"Yeah, it's got to be about the cross or the gold."

"Mmh-mhh," Cleo clicks her tongue, "Guys like Singh, it's always about money."

"All right, selling the cross and the gold gets you money." I raise my eyebrows while the corners of my mouth tug down for a second, "That counts, right?"

"Doesn't matter what they want." John B cuts us off. "We get Kiara and we get out of here. We're gonna get killed otherwise."

"Well, if I die, bury me with both middle fingers up." I say, sighing getting myself comfortable, putting my feet up on a broken table.

"No one is dying." Sarah points at me with her right eyebrow raised.

"Blondie, we've been shot, strangled and almost drowned. I'll be surprised if we get to next week."

"Do people actually think you're funny?" Cleo asks with a playful side smile.

She looks way more worn out than I am. I get up from the chair and leave it to her. She thanks me by bumping my fist. JJ is leaning against one of the windows, his legs stretched out in front of him. I take some remains of fabric and place them next to him. I lay down on it, with my head on his legs.

"People with a sense of humor do." I reply with a satisfied smile making Cleo chuckle.

JJ's hand automatically finds his way through my hair, playing with it and making my eyes shut close enjoying the feeling. His other hand sweetly caresses my arm until he reaches my hand and holds it near my chest.

"Honestly, Brizo, you should be excited." I hear John B commenting on the other side of the room.

I open just one eye, and see him standing next to a window, staring at me with a sly smile.

"Why should I?" I purposely fall into what I know is one of my brother's traps.

"Cause you're practically immortal."

"How?"

"Stupidity lasts forever." He lets out his final blow, laughing under his breath.

I can't help but laugh at it. I have to give it to him, that was a good one. Our friends laugh, too. Even JJ, who is clearly trying to hold back a cackle so I don't get mad at him.

I open my eyes fully and stare back at my brother, biting the inside of my cheek.

"All right, insult me one more time and I swear, Johnny," I smirk, "I'll throw you out of that fucking window you- what are you doing?" I frown.