Chapter 8

Helluu guys,
here's the next chapter.
Trigger warning? Every chapter deserves a trigger warning..
Have fun! :)
Stay safe,
Sovara

~~~

In her room they sat down at her bed again.

What bothers you?, Taemin asked, worried. Taemin, can you please show me your.. tongue?, she asked, her gaze soft and worried. Jinki saw it.., she added as explanation. But I'm not forcing you. I would never.

Taemin sighed and then opened his mouth, showing his tongue, or what was left of it. Short, his tongue looked like it had been sliced out. Chaewon frowned, she didn't know what to say. It's hideous, Taemin signed with a bitter smile.

Chaewon shook her head. It's not, definitely not, Taemin. It's... terrible. Terrible that this happened to you. But it's not hideous. She hugged Taemin tightly.

Taemin... I have another request..., she signed as she released again. Taemin slowly nodded. Taeminie, please take off your makeup, Chaewon pleaded, her gaze was soft. Taemin froze. How.. how do you know?, he signed.

Jonghyun, was the only answer. Taeminie, please take it off. I won't judge you.

Taemin didn't know what to do. But in the end he stood up, walked to the bathroom and got rid of all his makeup. Then he headed back to her room, shy and insecure.

Chaewon stared in shock at him. She signed him to come to her, so he did. She gingerly took his face in her hands, fascinated. He had scars too. But his were only partly spread across his cheeks, the most were near his ears and his whole neck. The longest scar was going horizontally from one side to the other on his neck.

Taemin couldn't look at her, but her hands made him.

Do you want to tell me, Taemin?, she gently asked. He was insecure. Maybe tomorrow? I.. am kinda tired.., he signed. Of course, everything you want. Come here, she signed while laying down.

Taemin immediately laid down too, cuddling up with her. His eyes were getting heavy; he only noticed how Chaewon covered them with a blanket, as he fell asleep in her safe arms and warm presence.

~~~

He awoke from someone stroking through his hair. He blinked as he opened his eyes and looked up at the owner of the hand, Chaewon.

She smiled. Hey, she greeted him with one hand. Taemin just smiled sleepily and laid his head again down on her chest.

The continued to lay there until it was like midday. Taemin sat up, as well as Chaewon. Are you ready to tell me?, she asked, reading his intentions.

He nodded and breathed in shakily.

With trembling hands he started to tell.

I was a kid when it happened, I was like six or seven, I got lost in the park. Some guys approached me and didn't want to go away. I cried and screamed, but nobody was there. They beat me up. I was still conscious when one of them pulled out a knife and cut my neck. He missed my main artery, but damaged my vocal cords and almost cut through my lungs. I still screamed the best I could; so he cut out my tongue. And as I still wanted to scream, the knife cut several times over my ears, causing me to loose my hearing.

Chaewon's face showed many different emotions: shock, anger, sadness, disgust and some other Taemin couldn't recognise.

But before he could kill me, someone pushed him away and saved me. I don't know what happened after this, I lost consciousness because of the blood loss, but they saved me. That's why I believed you immediately too yesterday.