Jinki looked at Taemin with a warm look. "Good to know. But in the middle of the night?", he looked back at Chaewon. She teared up. "Please Jinki. I-.. I need him" Her voice broke, which shook the older. "He can stay, of course", Jinki then softly said.

Chaewon nodded and signed quickly to Taemin. Jinki saw them leaving to Chaewons room and sighed.

As soon as they entered her room and she made Taemin sit down on her bed, then signed to him. I'm right back, I'm going to the bathroom. Taemin just nodded worryingly and she left again.

In the bathroom she quickly rolled up the sleeve of her hoodie and stared at her left arm. Many scars were drew on her arm, the newer ones on her left arm were ripped open when Taemin was clinging on her arm before.

She clenched her teeth as she saw the golden blood escaping her cuts. Before anything could possibly drop to the floor, she already got bandages and wrapped them around the open cuts. Then she rolled down the sleeves again.

Her arms hurt, but she was used to it. Tears escaped her eyes and her gaze dropped at the razor blades in the shelf. That's when she knew, she needed Taemin by her side. Right now.

But she couldn't move.

She couldn't call him; he wouldn't hear it. She started to panic as she hardly could take her stare off the blades. She didn't know how long she stood there, fighting with herself, but it must've been long, as she heard someone knocking on the door.

It was Taemin, her senses told her. She let out a desperate cry. "Help me, Taemin" Of course he didn't hear it, but Taemin opened the door after the third knock, luckily this time she didn't lock the door.

Taemin spotted her, tears flowing down her cheeks, looking at something on the shelf. As he realised what she was looking at, he rushed forward and stood right in front of her so she couldn't look at it anymore.

Chaewon, Taemin signed fast. "Taemin.. I-I" He saw her lips moving, but of course didn't hear anything. Chaewon, what happened?, he asked, worriedly. Her hands trembled as she lifted them. Help me, Taemin, she signed frantically.

Taemin didn't ask further and hugged her. She collapsed in his arms and broke down. Her knees gave in and they sank on the floor, holding tight onto each other.

Taemin made sure he didn't touch her back as he started rubbing her shoulders. Chaewon clawed into Taemin's hoodie, holding onto him like he was the only thing saving her from drowning.

Taemin let her, once in a lifetime glad he couldn't hear. He was sure, he couldn't take the sound of her heartbreaking sobs and cries. They sat there a long time until Chaewon was exhausted from crying.

Taemin lifted her gently up, carrying her in her room and laying her down on her bed. He quickly closed the door and then laid next to her, facing her like she did to him.

You okay now?, Taemin asked, Chaewon shook her head. I'm not okay, but I feel better. Thank you, she replied. The boy in front of her nodded. You don't have to thank me, Chaewon. But what in heaven -she flinched at that word- did happen to you?

Her hands trembled.

I fell.

Taemin was confused, to say the least. You fell? Chaewon nodded. But- She laid her hands on Taemin's and shook her head. Taemin saw it in her eyes, she wasn't ready to tell yet.

He pulled her towards him and laid her head on his chest. Then he softly started stroking through her hair, something she never experienced before as well. She felt safe with him.

Taeminie..., she signed which caused him to stop for a second. Yes?, he asked. You saved me from doing... something stupid again. Thank you. Taemins eyes widened at the realisation. You already did it??? He signed fast, expressing his shock.

Chaewon nodded and pulled up her right sleeve. Scars were spread all over her arm. Taemin took her arm like it was glass and gently touched some of the older scars. She just let him do, until he carefully rolled down her sleeve again and laid her arm back down.

He then continued to stroke through her hair, drifting in his thoughts. Suddenly he felt something on his hand, which snapped him out of his thoughts again. It was Chaewon who had taken his hand and was playing gingerly with his fingers.

Taemin smiled at that. Even though he now had no way to communicate with the girl on top of him anymore, for once, he didn't care. Her presence was everything he needed right now, just like Chaewon herself just needed his presence in this moment.

A short time after they both fell asleep and when Jinki came in to look after them, he gently covered them with a blanket and left with a warm smile.

He knew, they were just right for each other.

——

What do you think?
I hope you like the story so far <3
Stay safe
Sovara