Chapter Seven: In a Lonely Place

ARCHIE's voiceover
Previously on Riverdale...
JUGHEAD's voiceover
This story is about a town,once wholesome and innocent,now forever changed by the mysterious murder of Jason Blossom on the 4th of July.
In Pembrooke,Living Room and Dinner Room
Hermione says to Veronica "Your father hired the Southside Serpents to decrease the value of the drive-in's land."
In Alleyway of Twilight Drive-In
FP says to Hermione "Where is the rest of it?"
Hermione says to FP "The rest of it?"
In Pops
Hermione Screams
At Twilight Drive-In
FP says to Jughead "Where are you gonna live now?"
Jughead says to FP "I'll figure it out,Dad.I always do."
In Pembrooke,Living Room/Dining Room
VERONICA says to Hermione "I saw you,Mom. With Fred Andrews." Hermione says "Two signatures are needed to award the contract."
Veronica says to Hermione "Sorry,Mom,but no.I don't want any part of it."
Hermione forging Veronica's signature
In School Hallway
Veronica says to Fred and Hermione "What's going on?"
Fred says to Veronica "That SoDale contract? Awarded to Andrew's Construction."
Veronica says to Hermione "Looks like you won."
In the garden of Sisters of quiet mercy
Betty GASPS
Betty says to Polly "You're... With Jason's..."
Polly says to Betty "You just have to help me get out of here.I'll go to the car on the lost highway off of Route 40."
In the woods
JUGHEAD says to Betty "Is that Jason's jacket?"
Betty says to Jughead "We need to get Sheriff Keller and then we need to get Polly."
In the episode
JUGHEAD's voiceover
What makes a place feel like home?
CHEERFUL MUSIC PLAYING

Jughead's voiceover
Is it warmth and familiarity? Some idealised, make-believe version of the American Dream? Is it love and acceptance? Or is it simple safety?
In Coopers house,Dining Room
Betty LAUGHS
OMINOUS MUSIC PLAYING
Betty holds Jughead's hands
Archie says to Jughead "Dude.Why'd you stab me in the back?"
Archie walks away and has a knife in his back
In the School janitor closet
ALARM RINGING
JUGHEAD's voiceover
Or it's none of those things.And it's a place where the captain of the football team is murdered.Or maybe it's just a forgotten closet under a well-trod staircase,where it's just you and the mice and the spiders,like an extra in a Wes Craven movie.
Jughead walks in the school hallway in his pjs
In Boys Locker Room
Jughead comps his hair and then he brushes his teeth and then spits and sees Archie
Jughead GASPS
Archie says to Jughead "Oh!"
Jughead LAUGHS
Jughead says to Archie "Whoa."
Archie says to Jughead "What are you doing here?"
Jughead says to Archie "Taking advantage of the school's state-of-the-art facilities."
Archie says to Jughead "No,really,Jughead.What
are you doing in here?"
Jughead shows Archie where he has been sleeping
Archie says to Jughead "How long?"
Jughead says to Archie "Well,since they shut down the drive-in."
Archie stands up
Jughead says to Archie "That's where I was living before."
Archie says to Jughead "Why the hell are you not living at home?"
Jughead says to Archie "The truth is,things aren't good at home."
Archie says to Jughead "With your dad?"
Jughead says to Archie "Yeah. He kind of fell off the wagon.After your dad fired him,to tell you the truth.Hasn't had a job since.He keeps promising that he's gonna get his act together,but my mom couldn't take that rollercoaster anymore,so she grabbed Jellybean and went to live with our grandparents.
SCHOOL BELL RINGS
Jughead says to Archie "Come on."
Archie says to Jughead "God,Jug,why didn't you tell me? And where does your dad think you are?"
Jughead says to Archie "He thinks I'm couch-surfing."
Archie says to Jughead "Well, screw that.Live with me."
Jughead says to Archie "This is temporary,man.I'm going to figure something out.Just don't tell anybody.Especially not Betty."
Archie says to Jughead "Betty?"
Archie SCOFFS
Archie says to Jughead "She's not gonna care.If anyone's gonna be a snob about it,maybe Veronica." Jughead says to Archie "Right,well, exactly.Don't tell her,either."
Jughead walks away from Archie
In Pembroke,Living Room/Dining Room
DOOR OPENS
Hermione says to Veronica and Smithers "What's all this?"
Veronica says to Hermione "Some retail therapy to salve my emotional wounds,treasures from Glamzon.com." 
Veronica says to Smithers "Smithers,be a love and put those in my room."
Smithers walks away
Hermione says to Veronica "Veronica,the nest egg that your father left us barely covers the rent of this apartment.We can't live beyond our means."
Veronica says to Hermione "Are you sure,Mother? Not even with your cushy new job working for your high-school boyfriend?"
Hermione looks shocked
In the students lounge
Betty says to the gang "My mom and dad don't want to get the police involved.They don't want anyone to know that she ran away,or about her shameful condition."
Veronica says to Betty "Please.What decade is this?"
Betty says to the gang "Also,since she knew where Jason's getaway car was,they're afraid people might think that she burned it and that if she did..." 
Jughead says to the gang "She could be the murderer,trying to cover her tracks."
Archie says to Betty "Who did burn the car, then?"
Betty says to the gang "Sheriff Keller says it's possible someone was following us."
Veronica talks and holding a coffee
Veronica says to the gang "Oh,my God.Honestly,guys,we should just move."
Betty says to the gang "Guys,what if Polly's really hurt? What if whoever killed Jason is coming after her next?"
Jughead puts his arm around Betty and Betty touches Jughead's hand
BETTY SIGHS
Archie says to Betty "Betty,even though your parents don't want to,maybe you should go to the police." Kevin says to Betty "Second it.We can
talk to my dad together about how he has to be discreet."
Jughead says to Kevin "No offense, Kev,but your dad answers to a higher authority than God,the Blossoms.They're the first people
that he would tell."
Betty says to the gang "And if there's anyone to keep this a secret from,it's the Blossoms.They'd twist it around and go after Polly out of spite."
Ginger texting Cheryl
VERONICA says to the gang "How can we help?"
Veronica says to Betty "Tell us,B and we'll do it."
Betty SIGHS
In School Hallway
Archie says to Jughead "Hey,Juggy.Remember before how you said you didn't want Betty knowing where you were living? Is that because you and Betty..." Jughead says to Archie "We may have had a moment..."
Archie says to Jughead "It's totally cool,I get it. No worries,I'm just curious.Hey,I've been thinking about your situation and I talked to my dad.He said he's willing to give your dad a second chance,but only if FP wants it.He's gonna call him.But I think you should talk to him,too.
Between the two of us,I think we can really make this thing happen."
Veronica says to Betty "Did I just notice Riverdale High's very own Holden Caulfield put his arm around you?"
Betty says to Veronica "Okay,so these past couple of days,I haven't been in a great place, emotionally.And Jughead was really there for me..."
Veronica says to Betty (excited) "Oh,my God.Swoon! Okay,in that case,if he helped my girl navigate some turbulent waters,well then, Veronica Lodge approves."
Betty CHUCKLES
Veronica says to Betty "Thatta girl.Come on,let's go find your sister."
In Town Hall
Tom says to Penelope "Mrs. Blossom,we've got forensics going over every inch of that car.We're this close to a break in your son's case."
Cheryl walks in
Cheryl says to Penelope "Speaking of breaks, what's a big one worth to you,Mother? Letting me be a River Vixen again?"
Penelope says to Cheryl "What on earth are you talking about,Cheryl?" Cheryl says to Penelope and Tom "I have information you...Both of you,would find interesting vis-a-vis my brother's case."
Cheryl yells at Penelope "But first,the Vixens are mine.And I want your permission to reclaim them." Penelope says to Cheryl "Good Lord,fine."
Cheryl SPEAKING FRENCH
Cheryl says to Tom and Penelope "So,Ginger texted me while I was in the ladies room.It seems that crazy bitch,Polly Cooper,escaped from some looney bin,the same night Jason's car was torched.So let me do the math for you.Polly escaping plus Polly torching Jason's car equals she's Jason's killer.Covering her tracks,trying to go underground,like the vicious,cold-hearted murdering mean girl that she is."
Cheryl says to Tom "Oh and I just tweeted this out to all of my minions,so the pressure's on,Sheriff Keller."
In School Hallway
KEVIN says to Beronica "You guys,oh,my God."
Betty says to Kevin "What?"
Kevin says to Beronica "Cheryl just tweeted#PollyCooperKilledMyBrother,#NowhereToHide,#SharpenYourPitchforks."
Betty says to herself "Oh,no."
Betty says to Veronica and Kevin "We need to find Polly before the Blossoms do."