Chapter 32: A Unicorn

Narrator's: POV

The sunlight shone in through the sheer curtain. Greeting Camila, she slowly opened her eyes. It took her a while to recall what happened last night. She remembered walking to the bathroom and saw Lauren in the bathroom before everything was dark. She looked for Lauren when she was conscious. She ran out of the bedroom and saw Lauren was taken away on a stretcher. She panicked and wanted to follow Lauren but they did not let her. Lauren told her to stay home and she listened to Lauren.

When Camila was fully awake and remembered what had happened last night, she looked around her bedroom before she sat up. She found herself in her bedroom instead of the guest bedroom. The warm sunlight completed the warm color of her bedroom. It gave her a peaceful morning even though her mind started to run as she woke up. Before she managed to get out of her bedroom, her mother walked in, followed by Dinah. They brought breakfast for her.

"Good morning, Camilita!" Her mother greeted her with a warm smile.

Her hectic mind started to calm down as she saw how her mother and Dinah looked. They looked calm and peaceful. They did not look worried. It meant everything should be okay, especially for Lauren.

"Did you sleep well?" Her mother asked as she put the breakfast on the table.

"Yeah..." Camila said in a small voice. She looked at Dinah, who sat by the end of the bed.

Dinah smiled at Camila. She knew what Camila was thinking.

"Lauren is fine. Normani is accompanying her at the hospital." Dinah informed Camila what Camila wanted to know.

Dinah smiled again when she noticed Camila looked relieved hearing what she told her. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine..." Camila answered in a small voice again. Her mother gave her a glass of warm water. "Thank you!" She said, still in a small voice, before slowly drinking it.

"If you feel better, Dinah will ask Normani if we can visit Lauren in the hospital before lunchtime." Her mother said. Sinuhe and Dinah did not doubt that Camila must want to visit Lauren once she woke up.

"Okay," Camila said and looked at Dinah.

"I have to go to get some groceries," Sinuhe said and left.

Camila stayed in her room, accompanied by Dinah. She did not talk much but listened to Dinah, who mostly talked about Lauren. Dinah told Camila that Lauren eventually found out about the news that Camila attempted to end her life. Once Lauren came to the information, she asked Normani what Normani knew about it. Normani explained to her. When Lauren was allowed to take a long trip and flight, she planned to visit Camila on her birthday once she got back.

Since some delays occurred, Lauren and Normani could not return to the country as scheduled. They arrived yesterday afternoon. They should have taken Lauren to the hospital in the first place, but Lauren insisted on skipping it and moving to the next plan, which was to visit Camila on her birthday. Dinah did not forget to explain to Camila how persistent Lauren was, which caused a little argument between her and Normani.

Camila sighed when she heard that Lauren skipped the hospital part. She was glad Lauren came to her, to her birthday party, but she was annoyed when Lauren did not put herself first even after Camila had broken her heart. Lauren was still stubborn and did not change. Because of her stubbornness, Lauren got problems with her wounds last night. She was bleeding pretty badly last night when Camila came to the bathroom. Camila was shocked to see Lauren's wounds bleeding. She could not handle it and made her collapse on the ground.