Chapter 27: Watch Clock

Beep beep beep

I peek open one of my eyes and notice I'm in the living room on the couch. Why the couch? I sleep on the couch more than my bed!

Beep beep beep

What's that noise? My phone is in my room. And I don't have an alarm clock.

Beep beep beep

I sit up and look around. I don't see my phone. Which means it isn't me. Okay this noise is getting old!

Beep beep beep

"OHMYGOD WILL SOMEONE SHUT THAT THING OFF!?"

Connor rolled over but didn't sit up. Jc stirred around some. And Trevor didn't budge. AT. ALL.

Beep beep beep

"UGHHHH!!" I jumped up and started rummaging through everything in the living room. Everything from boxes to couch cushions. The only thing I heard was the constant beep beep beep.

I was pushing through a pile of blankets when the sound stopped. I sighed in relief and walked back to the couch. I grabbed the blanket and covered myself up with it again. I got comfortable and closed my eyes.

Beep beep beep

"Okay that's it!" I sat up and threw the blanket on the floor. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a frying pan and a wooden spoon.

I walked back to the living room and started beating the pan with the spoon.

Beep beep beep

"GET UP LOSERS! UP! UP! UP!!"

All three of them shot up. Jc came up a little too fast and hit his head on the coffee table.

"OWW!!" He yelled and rubbed his head.

Beep beep beep

"What's that noise?" Trevor questioned and stood up stretching.

"THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT FOR LIKE AN HOUR NOW!"

"Oh that's my watch!" Connor cheered standing up and picking up the watch off of the floor. Seriously I didn't notice a little watch on the floor making a noise and flashing? Wow...

"Why do you need a watch that makes an annoying sound that wakes your sleeping daughter up out of a dead sleep?" I ask making it seem like he committed a terrible crime. He was already in his room by the time I finished asking him the question.

"Because I need to start running again. You know you could come with me." Connor yelled to me from his room.

"Nahh. I think I'm gonna take a tub of ice cream to my room and watch YouTube." I walked to the kitchen and opened the freezer door.

"Okay then." Connor grabbed a granola bar and walked to the couch to put on his shoes. I stared at the ice cream for a second then put it up.

"Hey Dad, on second thought I'm gonna go with you." I yelled running to my room.

"Why'd you change your mind?"

"Well I wanna start up on my sports again. I need to get in shape." I came out in athletic joggers, an athletic tank top, and tennis shoes.

"Alright well leggo!" Connor yelled running to the door.

"Bye Jc. Bye Trev!!" I yelled following Connor.

"Bye Sass!"

"Bye little but big sis!"

*****

"I've not done a hardcore run in forever." I commented taking a bottle of water I just bought from the man selling it to me.

"Me either. So which sport do you wanna start again?" We were currently walking back to the apartment.

"Well I love dance. But I also love softball."

"So you wanna do both?"

"No. Their seasons will like crash into one another if I do them both full time. It'll be too complicated. I could do one of them for a half a year and the other the next."

"Okay so which one first?"

"I think I'll start with softball."

"That's a great idea!" Connor cheered. I think he just wants to watch a softball game. I mean I can always do dance the rest of the year. But I can only do softball in Spring/Summer seasons. And that's coming up. I need to get in shape for tryouts.

We arrived at the apartment. Trevor was eating Chex Mix on the couch watching The Last Song. Jc was rolled up into a ball crying at the movie.

"Hey guys!" They turned to face me and Trevor turned the tv off. They both came walking up to me.

"What's wrong with you two?" Connor asked them. I could so tell he wanted to laugh.

"Um we watched a sad movie..." Jc said trying to get himself together.

"Okayyyy well I'm gonna go take a shower now." I was almost to the bathroom when Connor yelled to me.

"Oh and make sure your bags are packed. We're leaving in the morning."