Chapter 10: Thinking Out Loud

Hi! So...how's it going??? Life has been pretty stressful, but fanfiction makes it better. So here's Chapter 10!
_______________________________
Connor's POV:

I just got off of the phone with Katie. She ran away. My mother made her want to leave. You just don't even know how mad that makes me!! This is my daughter and my mother will not ruin MY bond with MY daughter.

I drove up at the downtown park. I saw her slumped on a park bench. I walked over and sat down.

I didn't know how to react to her. I've never heard of anyone going through this.

I turned to look at her and she looked like she had been crying. She jumped in my arms.

"I'm sorry daddy!!" She exclaimed.

I didn't respond. I didn't know how to respond.

"Dad.." I heard her say, but I was lost into thought.

I didn't respond.

She climbed off of my lap and sat back down on the bench.

"Are you mad at me? Are you gonna take me back? It's all happened before I understand if you want to..." I heard her say this and it made my heart hurt.

"What? Why would you say that?"

"Because I did something stupid once and they sent me back. And I just did something stupid so it would only make sense for you to take me back."

I grabbed her and pulled her into a hug.

"I'm not bringing you back. Ever."

Katie's POV:

"Because I did something stupid once and they sent me back. And I just did something stupid so it would only make sense for you to take me back." As I said this I slumped my head and held back my urge to breakdown.

Connor had pulled me into a hug in a matter of seconds after I said that.

"I'm not bringing you back. Ever." He said that so smoothe and fluently like he's said it a billion times.

All I could do was smile.

"Dad.."

"Kay.."

"Wanna go home now?"

"If you want to."

"I do.."

"Then leggo!!" He said and let go of me and running off to the car.

We raced to the car again, but this time he beat me.

"Ha!" Connor mocked me from the way I said that before when we raced.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. We climbed in the car and Thinking Out Loud was on again. I pulled out my phone and texted Trevor.

Me: I'm listening to our song right now.. :(

He texted back within seconds.

Trev-Trev: Thinking Out Loud? :(

Me: Yes...

Trev-Trev: I'm thinkin' 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways..

Me: Maybe just a touch of a hand..

Trev-Trev- I sure do miss you Sass! :)

Me: I miss you more Trev-Trev! :)

Trev-Trev: I will never forget how well you were singing your song.