Chapter 7: Breakaway

HALO THERE EVERYONE!! HOW IS YOU? HOPEFULLY YOU IS GOOD!

I just realized how awkward I am! Haha
________________________________
I wake up in Trevor's arms. I look up at him sleeping. I sneak out of his grasp and walk to my door, passing all of my bags of clothes. I open the door and walk to the kitchen, passing Jc, Connor, and Ricky in the living room. They come running after me, but I keep walking.

I get to the kitchen and grab an Arizona. I turn to leave the kitchen, but Connor blocks the exit. I just stare at him. I end up giving him a hug. He moves out of my way.

Next was Jc. He won't let me past the living room. I give him a quick hug and walk to my room where Ricky is standing at the door. I just stand there.

"Please talk to me." He says, but I stare at the ceiling crossing my arms.

"Katie please." Ricky pleads.

"CONNOR!" I yell. Ricky moves out of my way and lets me in my room. I guess I woke up Trevor by yelling so I run over to him and give him a big hug.

"Hey bruh!" I say, smiling while setting my Arizona on my desk.

"Hiya, Sass." He responds. I sit down in my desk chair and spin around in it.

"How was your sleep?"

"The best sleep I've had in a while." He smiles at my response.

"Good." He stands up and leaves my room.

I make my bed and sort all of my new clothes out on my bed. I even put my old clothes out on my bed too. I start hanging them up when I hear a knock at my door.

"WHO IS IT?"

"Connor."

I give no response.

"Just open up, Kay." I can tell he is upset. I sigh and open up the door.

He walks in and looks around.

"So, you like your new room?"

"No."

He shoots a look at me. "What I thought you liked it!?"

"No I don't like it. I LOVE IT!!" I say, throwing my hands up and tilting my head back. Connor just laughs.

"Want some food?"

"Nahh I'm good. Thanks for asking though!" I smile.

"Okay. Well if you need anything just come get me. Alright?"

"Alright."

He walks out and closes my door. I finish with my clothes and turn on my Spotify playlist. I start dancing around in my room along to Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson. It is my ALL TIME FAVORITE song.

I hear my door open but I'm too lost in the song to stop. I am doing my routine as usual for this song. The ending is coming soon so I back up and start my roundoff. I land perfectly right as the song ended. I stand up straight and take a deep breath. I hear clapping, so I run to my laptop and pause my playlist.

I turn around to see Ricky recording, and the others clapping and taking pictures.

"Was it good?" I ask hopeful.

"Good? It was FANTASTIC!!" Ricky cheers.

"No, it was Frantastic." Connor says, correcting Ricky.

"I'm astonished." Jc adds.

"Not only can you sing, but you can dance. Is there any other talent you have." Trevor adds with a huge smile.

"Well, I play softball." I say hoping they won't get upset I play an actual physical sport.

"Really?" Connor asks. I pull out my phone and pull up a picture from the state championship I won with my team. We were Team USA.

The boys look at the picture.

"You're full of surprises." Trevor says hugging me. I hug him back.

"Awww.." Ricky, Jc, and Connor add.

"#Krevor" Ricky cheers. Me and Trev blush.

"So how long ago was that? " Connor asks.

"It was actually a year ago. Ms. Duece let me try out because there was nothing really important going on at the center and she thought if I tried out and failed it might bring buisness to the center. When I made the team she was mad at first but then she softened to the idea. I went to state and won with my team. Team USA. We were going to nationals when a girl at the center...um...committed suicide...Ms. Duece wanted me to stay back. So I missed nationals. I never got to see the girls again. I don't even know if we won." I start getting sad thinking about it.

"Awww, well do you wanna start playing again?" Connor asks.

I am confused. I don't know what to do. I want to start dancing again, but I also want to start softball again.

"Have you ever done dance?" Jc asks.

"Actually yes I have." I pull up a picture of me and my 6 team members at nationals holding our trophy and medals. We actually won there. We were called the Dancing Sass.

"Wow..." Ricky adds.

"So basically you are really athletic." Trevor says smirking.

"I guess. Let's just say I like singing too." I say giggling.

"I like singing too gurll!!" Trevor and Ricky add at the same time. I laugh.

We chat a bit more and I show them some more pictures and explain my teams and stuff a little more in depth.

"Well, it's getting late, and I'm starving!!" Jc whines.

"I kinda wanna practice my dance a few more times." I say hoping they won't make me go eat with them.

"Well, we will wait on you." Connor says. I knew he wasn't gonna let me go without eating. Especially since I didn't eat breakfast or lunch earlier.

"Okay." I say, restarting my song. I start from the top and hear cameras clicking. I don't mind it though. I mean, at this point I'm used to it.

I finally finish a little while later and we all pack in the car and go to Panera Bread. We order, pay, and take it to go. I am so exhausted from today that I fall asleep on Trevor's shoulder.

I feel myself being lifted up and taken inside. I hear keys jiggling and feel myself touch my bed. I am so tired that I crash as soon as I am put in my bed.