Chapter 25: Birthday Text

Ding ding ding

I felt around for my phone. I finally found it and picked it up. I had a new text.

My Booo: Happy Birthday to Kate. Happy Birthday to Kate. Happy Birthday to Kate. Happy Birthday to you. HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY LOVE!! HAVE A SPECIAL DAY IN LA!! I LOVE YOU :)

How could I forget my own birthday. That's pretty sad! I didn't tell Connor which means he probably doesn't know. I'm sure the other boys don't know. Jenn, Andrea, and Jack surely won't know. And I'm not the type to brag so I guess they won't know my birthday. Oh well I don't really like parties or any of that.

Me: Thanks, Sadie! I love you SO MUCH! When I'm back in Minn we will have a sleepover! See you soon and thanks again! :)

Well now I'm awake so I might as well get up. I sat up and saw Trevor sleeping next to me. I smiled and got out of the bed. Of course there are bags and empty tea cans every where, therefore I was forced to avoid the trash and walk to the kitchen. It was 6:56 a.m. so I deciced to make breakfast.

I walked around the apartment to see if the other boys were still here. I didn't see them anywhere so I guess they left yesterday.

I headed back to the kitchen and started making eggs.

*****

"Omg it smells AMAZING!" A sleepy Connor commented and was walking into the kitchen.

"Why thank you Daddy!" He kissed my forehead.

"I made you some coffee!" I passed him a cup and a plate full of food.

"You are the best." I smiled and pulled out my phone.

@Katieswizzle101- Best day with my best bae! @TrevorMoran
Attached was the picture of us from our 'blah-blah' day.

"So what are we gonna do today?" I asked Connor while I set my phone down.

"Well we are headed back to Minnesota in a few days and you haven't actually been in LA. So how about we go to town for a while?" I guess he really didn't know my birthday. Oh well.

"Sounds good." I faked a smile.

"Okay then it's a deal. Go get ready. And wake Trevor up. You can invite him if ya want." I nodded my head and walked to my room. Yeah, I know I said I didn't really care that no one knew my birthday but my own father should have at the least asked me when it was. Or Ms. Duece should have included that piece of information when he signed my paperwork.

I walked into my room and Trevor was scrolling on his phone.

"Hey, Trev. Me and Dad are going to town you wanna come?"

"Um, well uh, I can't, um, my uh, Ricky, uh wants me to um, come over." Wow that's weird.

"Okay then? Well have fun I guess."

"Yeah.."

"Well I made you breakfast. It's in the kitchen."

"Okay thanks." He got up and left. I shut my door and walked to my suitcase. I grabbed a pastel pink rumper (If you don't know what that is then look it up. Haha) and a clean bra and underwear. I ran to the shower and turned it on.

*****

"I'm ready, Dad!" I yelled walking into the living room. I had curled my hair and had put on actual make up. Not just mascara. I had on tan sandals that made my rumper stand out. Let's just say I mastered the field of fashion a LONG time ago.

"Well doesn't someone look pretty!" Connor stated.

"No she looks gorgeous!" Trevor corrected.

"Haha. Now I'm ready for a day in LA. Let's go!" The boys laughed at me and stood up. I faked another smile and shoved my phone in my hand purse.

Connor grabbed his phone and called us a cab.

*****

"Dad LA is just so BEAUTIFUL!" I commented for like the millionth time. We have been shopping a day. The cab dropped Trevor off before we came to town.

"I know, Kay. I know."

"Race ya to that fountain over there!"

"Yore gonna win so what's the point?"
"How so?"

"I'm weighed down with all of your bags, Kay. Now how do you expect me to run?"

"Oh yeah I forgot." I faked another smile and kept walking.

"You ready to head home?" I nodded my head and held some bags while Connor called a cab.

Once it arrived, we climbed in and headed home. I honestly just wanted to go home so I could Skype Sadie. I still haven't told Con about my birthday. But I don't wanna make him upset now so I'm not gonna tell him.

"Katie?"

"Huh? Yeah."

"We're home."

"Oh yeah." I climbed out of the cab and Connor quickly grabbed the bags. We walked inside and headed to the elevator. I pressed the button for our floor and we were off.

The doors opened and Connor and I hopped off. We walked to his door and he unlocked it for me. He pushed it open and I walked in to see all of O2l, Jenn, Andrea, Jack, Lauren, and Arden sitting around the living room.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They yelled as I entered the room. I looked around and saw a banner strung across the wall that said "Happy Birthday Katie!" Presents were piled in the corner. Cake was on the counter. Balloons were in the air. And happiness was in the atmosphere.

Everyone hugged me and Lauren and Arden introduced themselves to me. They seem really nice, might I add. We all sat down in the living room wherever we could fit.

"So how did you all know my birthday? I mean I didn't tell anyone." I was sitting next to Trevor and Jc on the couch.

"Do you think I would adopt a child and not know when their birthday is? I think not. Ms. Duece gave me your birth certificate and it was on there."

"Oh."

"Anyways, happy birthday." Jc said and handed me a box. I opened it up and revealed a new snapback. It said 'Jc's little but oldest, sister'. Jc pulled one out that said 'Katie's older brother'. They matched.

"OMG THANKS JC!!" I screamed and wrapped him in a hug.

"Okay mine next!" Trevor yelled and shoved me a small box. I opened it and saw a necklace. It was a silver heart that had a 'T' engraved in it. I was confused. I mean why a 'T'? My name starts with a 'K'.

"I see that you are very confused at the moment. Would you like me to explain?" I nodded my head slowly trying to figure it all out on my own.