Chapter 22: Chocolate Chip Pancakes

"Shut it Trevor!" Connor whisper-yelled.

"I'm sorry she is just adorable!" Trevor whisper-yelled back.

"I know but be quiet or you will wake her up."

I sat up and glared at them both.

"A little too late for that, sweetie." I spouted standing up stretching. I guess I had fallen asleep on the couch considering I just woke up on the couch.

"Sorry." They both replied.

"It's fine. I'm hungry." I said picking up my phone and walking to the kitchen. I started scouring the cabinets.

"I think Diane put some pancake batter in the first cabinet." Connor yelled to me while plopping down on the couch. I looked around and saw that he had at least a million cabinets in the kitchen.

"Yeah that helps.." I mumbled and started looking. "Who's Diane?"

"Diane is the maid. She comes every Tuesday and Friday."

"Ohh.."

"I'll help!" Trevor yelled and started helping me look.

I searched a few cabinets and found it.

"I FOUND IT TREV!!" I yelled to him.

"ALRIGHT NO NEED IN YELLING!!" I laughed and got a pan out while Trevor got all of the other ingrediants.

"Okay so there are strawberries, blueberries, and chocolate chips. So I decided we could make a bunch of pancakes." Trevor announced happily, setting down all of the ingrediants.

"Not a problem!" I said turning on Spotify. I started mixing the ingredients up in the bowl while Trevor is dancing around singing along to his song on Spotify. Connor made his way to the kitchen and was snapchatting everything.

"Trevor, can you add the blueberries?"

"No problemo!"

"Stick to speaking English. Please and thank you!" I told him as he dumped the blueberries in.

"I'll have you know, I passed my Spanish class with an 'A' this semester." Trevor announced in matter-of-fact way.

"And that has what to do with you not speaking it right?"

"That's hurtful!" I just laughed. He left me alone to flipping pancakes as he was dancing around.

Eventually we got through the rest of blueberry and strawberry pancakes with Trevor occasionally trying to speak Spanish.

"Trevor.."

"Katie.."

"Can you put the chocolate chips in?" I look up and saw he was eating them. "TREVOR!!"

"KATIE!!" He mimicked me.

"Those were for the pancakes!!"

"Oh well!"

"Ughhh boys!!" I sighed in frustration.

"Ughhh girls!!" He mimicked me again.

"That's not funny!" I threw a chocolate chip he dropped earlier at him while laughing.

"Oooh gurl you shouldn't have done that!" He threw a couple chocolate chips at me.

"TREVOR MICHAEL MORAN!" I yelled. I had chocolate chips in my hair now.

"Ooh Trevor what did you do to have her say your full na-" Connor looked up from his phone and saw what we were doing. He quickly looked back at his phone.

"I'm not gonna regret this punishment!" I glared at Trevor. He glared back and let's just say the war is on!

*****

"Now Trevor, why did you have this food fight?" Connor asked Trevor as he was pacing back and forth acting like one of those old pricipals that carry around a ruler and where their glasses on the bridges of their noses. I had to fight back my laugh.

"Well you see she was insulting my Spanish vocabulary." He nudged me with his elbow causing me to yell.

"And Katie what is your excuse for the mess?" Connor said pointing the remote towards me indicating me to speak.

"Well...it was all Trevor's fault!!" I said and pointed at Trevor. He did a dramatic gasp and slammed his hand against his heart like I gave him a heart attack.

"Well I think I've come to a conclusion. Katie you will clean up the counters and cabinets. Trevor you've got the floor and dishes." Connor said looking satisfied at his decision

"NO!!" Me and Trevor yelled at the same time while rising to our feet.

"I think he should do it!" I said and pointed to Trevor with a smirk.

"Me? I didn't do anything! YOU should have to clean it all up!"

"Trevor if you don't watch it I'm gonna have to slap the blonde out of your hair!! Don't push me beach boy!" I snapped. Connor was literally rolling on the floor. I was laughing too. Trevor looked like he was about to explode with laughter.

"Well Ms. Orphan I think you should have to clean it up!" Trevor snapped back at me. The boys were laughing but I stopped in my tracks and just stared at them both in shock.

I heard the front door open and people come in.

"I'M HO-" Ricky started to yell but stop. By this time Connor and Trevor have stopped laughing. I just stood, frozen.

"I thought we were just joking around..but that went too far.." I felt my eyes fill with tears as I said this and I ran past all of the boys and went straight to my room in his apartment in LA. I heard someone's footsteps running after me, but I ignored them and locked the door.

Whoever followed me was banging on the door. Yelling at me to let them in, but I couldn't tell who it was because I was wrapped up in a blanket in the corner of the room with a pillow over my head.

The banging slowly died down and I heard the footsteps walk away. They soon returned and I heard a key in the lock. I knew this meant whoever it is, is coming in.

"Katie..." I looked up and saw 6 guys trickle into my room.

"Hey Kate. What's wrong?" Jc asked sitting down on the floor next to me.

"I don't wanna talk about it." I respond and look out the window.

"Aww don't be that way." Kian said, kindly.

"Well..I was called an orphan..."

"By who?" Ricky asked.

"Well..."

"It was me. We were joking around and I got a little out of hand and said something I shouldn't have." Trevor confessed. I just realized he was standing in the doorway the whole time. All of the boys faced him.

"Uh..hey you guys wanna go eat some pancakes? Katie made 'em!" Connor suggested. Somehow all of the boys except Trevor agreed and left in a rush. I guess they really do want us to work things out.