Chapter 16: The Dance

"KATE! KATIE!!" I felt someone shaking my arms. I open my eyes and see Sadie staring at me with her green eyes full of worry.

"Sadie?" I ask. I go to sit up and she wraps me in a hug.

"Yes it's me. Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. What happened?" I scatch the back of my head while saying this.

"Well we got to the part where you are supposed to drop to the ground and you dropped to the ground. But you didn't get back up. You looked really into the song."

"Yeah I was just thinking about a lot at the moment. My brain was probably just trying to catch up with my feet. I'm fine!"

"Good!!"

"Still wanna dance?" I added a hopeful smile hoping she would agree.

"YESSS!!" She added and stood up quickly.

I laughed at her dorkiness and stood up with her.

"And the song we want to dance to is..." I start drum rolling on the desk with my fingers.

She throws her hands up in the air and tilts her head back.

"WAITING FOR SUPERMAN BY CHRIS DAUGHTERY!!"

I sit on my old bed laughing so hard. Waiting for Superman was a dance performance me and Sadie did one day on video. We raced through the halls jamming throughout the whole song. It was the best. We had Jerome, our "big brother", film it for us.

Jerome was..let's just say the bomb. He made us laugh at moments and cry at others, but in a good way! He was genuinely the best. He ran away from the center a couple years ago. He was found dead by some railroad tracks a few days later. The news hit me and Sadie hard.

The song is kinda like the only thing we have left of him since Mrs. Duece burned everything of his that he had.

"YASS GURL YASS!!! HIT THE MUSIC!!!" I sit up and readjust my ballet flats. Soon enough I here the song start.

******
"That was wonderful! Your cartwheels are getting better." I complimented Sadie. Honestly that was the best we have ever done danced to that song.

"Thanks. Your plies weren't that bad either!!"

"Aww thanks girl. Well Connor is here so I gotta go! But I will be back soon. Stay out of trouble and make sure to Skype and text me. Love youu!!" I hugged Sadie and ran out of her room and down the long, wide staircase and out the front door.

I ran to Connor's car and hopped in.

"So how was your visit?" Connor asked while I buckled my seat belt.

"It was okay. No it was PERFECT!!" I said, moving my hands in the air awkwardly

"So...I found this snap back-"

"A SNAP BACK?" I basically screamed at Connor

He laughed. "Yes a snap back. It says 'I dreamed it, therefore I'm living it'. I thought you might like it since you've always wanted to go to Cali and now you are."

"YOU IS THE BEST DAD EVER!!" I screamed. He just laughed and pulled out of the driveway.

I turned up the radio and Dear Future Husband by Meghan Trainor was on.

I jammed to the song until we got to the apartment. With the occasional glares from some people, for the most part I got many smiles and laughs. I didn't care though because I am going to CALI-FREAKING-FORNIA!!

******

"Katie. Katie. Katie. Katie. Get up. Get up. Get u-"

"OHMYGOD DAD I GET IT ALRIGHT!! YOU ARE NOT A FREAKING ROBOT SO SHUT THE HECK UP!!" I screamed at dad and soo wanted to take it back but let's be forreal, who really wants to hear someone repeating the same thing over and over and over and over again. It gets old!!

"Fine I will leave for Cali alone then!" As if he knew I was gonna protest he smirked at me and dramatically turned around and was walking slowly to the door. "I will have to leave my, 16 year old daughter, all alone in Minnesota while I, her 22 year old father, travels to California to see her 4 brothers all alone. Isn't that ashame.." He sighed and walked even slower to the door.

"Oh shut up already! I'm coming!!" I hopped out of bed and slid on my purple tank top that had a glitter diamond on the front and white high-waisted shorts. I brushed my hair and put on my plain white snap back.

"Took you what...5 minutes to do this yet it took me 15 to get you up!"

"Shut it Dad!" He laughed and rolled his eyes.

"I will be waiting in the living room. We have to leave in 15 or we won't make our flight."

"Gotcha!" Connor walked away and I slipped on my white sandals and buckled the buckle on the side of the sandal.

I heard my phone go off so I walked over to where it was sitting on my desk. I had a few texts, but I decided to check them later.

I picked up my suitcase and backpack off of the floor and walked to the living room.

"Ready." I stated.

"Leggo!!" And after that, we were off!!
__________________________________
I have 9 1/2 school days left before I'm out for Summer!!! I'm soooo ready!

Btw thanks for 400+ reads!!