Chapter 9.

He turns around and looks at us. Ned's Lola gasps and approaches us.

"Woah." Ned breathes out, his Lola speaks in their native tongue.

"Lola, you're right, I am magic." MJ taps his arm,

"Is that him?" Peter raises his arm bowing down looking through the portal from his distance.

"Yeah, yeah, it has to be. Peter!" Ned yells, I straighten up and smile,

"Peter!" I join in his calling, so does MJ. He starts jogging his way to the portal and jumps through. I stare at the tall Spider-Man. This was definitely not our Peter. My eyes trail over his suit, it was different. Darker, and the spider on the front had longer legs. This was the Spider-Man that hugged me.

Ned's Lola screams,

"Hi. Hi." He says softly, Lola picks up a couch pillow and throws it.

"No, no, no. It's okay. It's okay. I'm a nice guy." He tries reassuring the little old lady, and she screams again and hides behind the wall. Ripping his mask off he looks at us breathing heavily. I felt my lungs push out all the air in them as I stare at his face with wide eyes. He's the boy for my memory. It's him.

"Okay." He breathes out as MJ stares at him and points an accusing finger at him.

"Who the hell are you?" She asks,

"I'm Peter Parker." He states.

"That's not possible." She says, skeptical of him, keeping his arms raised defenselessly, his mask dangling from one hand.

"I am Spider-Man in my world. But then yesterday, I was—I-I was just here." He explains as he backs up to a different corner, away from the still open portal.

"String theory, multidimensional reality... and matter displacement." He says looking around. counting on his finger as he spoke. He looks at us and his eyes immediately go to me. His face filling with a sort of dread I've never seen on a person before.

"All... all real?" He asks, looking away from me.

"Yeah." Ned and MJ say it at the same time. He smiles and fists his hand, are all Peters nerds?

"I knew it." He breathes out excitedly, I couldn't stop the smile that popped up on my face, my heart racing. This wasn't normal for me. I wasn't the butterflies in my belly kind of person. I never even had a boyfriend before. Why was this happening? I look away from him and to Ned.

"This has to be because of the spell." Ned whispers between me and MJ,

"The spell? Like a magic spell?" The new Peter asks with an excited smile.

"No...there's no spell." Ned backtracks quickly, I nod and slowly look at Ned then Peter again.

"No spell," I repeat after Ned,

"Magic's real here too?" He asks,

"I mean..." He starts,

"Shut up Ned." Mj strains out,

"No, no, it's not real." I mumble, why am I so nervous?

"Shut up." Mj says again through a whisper,

"I mean, there's magicians, but there's no—" He tries saving himself,

"Shut up, stop talking. Stop. Stop." Mj tries shutting him up, Ned finally shuts his mouth and MJ looks at Peter again.

"Prove it." She suddenly says, he looks at her confused.

"Prove what?" He questions with furrowed brows, his confused face was a little cute.

"That you're Peter Parker." She says back quickly, he pats around on his body before extending his arms out.