Chapter 7.

I look up from the floor as someone appears inside a vacant cell. The lights flicker and buzz as he looks around. He looks at Otto who wiggles his fingers in a small wave.

I jump when another one appears and slams against the forcefield. His body made out of...sand? I furrow my brows at the sight of the two strange people.

"Ah. What is this?" His voice was very flat, and monotone if you didn't see the way he was acting you'd probably assume he was being sarcastic and not scared.

"You picked the wrong side." The dark skinned man spits out with a glare directed at Mr. Sandman. The lizard thing starts chuckling as he gets up and shuffles to peer out of his cell. I share a look with Ned and MJ.

"Connors?" The electricity became man guy questions,

"Wait, you know this creature?" Otto asks,

"No, no, no. Not creature. A man." He explains, Ned gasps quietly.

"Woah... the same universes." He says, I hum towards Ned and push myself up off the floor shuffling closer to them.

"Dr. Curt Connors, he was a scientist at Oscorp when I worked there. A brilliant scientist. Until he turned himself into a lizard. Then he tried to turn the whole city into lizards. It was crazy." Electricity guy says, I jump in my spot my eyes widening as the lizard actually speaks.

"It wasn't crazy, Max. It was the next step in human evolution." He, it?, says, I grab Ned's arm in a vice grip staring at the giant lizard.

"The dinosaur can talk." Ned breathes out,

"Lizard." It corrects,

"Right." I nod and focus back onto the lizard.

"Speaking of which, what happened to you? Last I recall you had bad teeth, glasses and a combover. Did you get a makeover? You know I can give you a real makeover." His voice drops in volume becoming much more dark and sinister.

"Lemme guess, into a lizard?" Max dryly questions,

"Exactly." The lizard grins.

"Would you two just shut up." The sand guy pips in crossing his arms.

"Where are we?" He asks, looking at us three crowded together.

"That's complicated...sir..." I trail off not really sure if he... if it has a gender...

"A wizard's dungeon." MJ spews out.

"Wizards—wizards dungeon?" Max questions,

"No real way to sugarcoat that. It's literally the dungeon of a Wizard." MJ mumbles staring at Max.

"Look, you can keep your magic. I wanna taste of that energy I just felt." He palms open his hands and charges of electric fields buzz along the openings of his fingers. I look up as the lights buzz and flicker. My attention shifted to MJ as her phone buzzed, she grabs it and turns around walking away from me and Ned.

"Oh. Peter, hey." I could faintly hear his voice muffled and speaking gibberish on the other side.

"Yeah. They're-they're all locked up." She says, I watch with a turned up lip as Ned reaches a slow hand up to the tree.

"Hey, ask him if this is like a tree monster or like a scientist that turned into a tree." We both look at Max as he speaks.

"It's just a tree, man. Just a tree." He says, I snort as I look back at Ned.

"Idiot." He sticks his tongue out at me before looking back at it. I freeze up when the lizard's cold eyes land on me. His eyes widen slightly as he takes me in, his lips twitching into a sinister grin.