Chapter V

𝐎𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 Kurapika a good day, Gon and Killua finally headed out of the bakery. Gon did some stretches for a bit before turning to Killua. Killua looked back at him, "Anything planned?" he asked.

"Could I show you something?" Gon asked in a soft tone. Killua was a bit skeptical about what this 'something' might be, he did have major trust issues anyways. However, after everything Gon had done for him, how could he reject? Hesitating a bit, he agreed. Gon was delighted to hear this and immediately went to hold Killua's hand in his, this time though, he intertwined both their fingers. They honestly fit together like puzzle pieces. Killua, who was not expecting this, turned his head in the other direction. He didn't mind holding hands with Gon but it was still a feeling he'd want to get used to.

Thinking Killua didn't want to hold hands, cue the head turn, Gon let go. He immediately turned back around and intertwined their fingers again before Gon could fully let go. Both were shocked by his actions but that didn't last long. "So what was the thing you wanted to show me?" Killua asked, trying to change the subject.

"Oh yeah! Just follow me." Gon said, pointing to the pathway ahead of them. As the two walked, Killua noticed that the path they were taking was secluded and didn't have anyone around. 'Is he going to kill me?! Is this my beheadment trial??' Killua thought worryingly. His worries only increased when they started heading into the forest. 'Yup, I'm so dead.'

Both walked in a comfortable silence for a bit before Gon came to a stop. Killua was curious of what he was planning since he let go of his hand. Gon went behind Killua and covered his eyes. Killua saw this coming but was shocked nonetheless, why would Gon need to cover his eyes? "What are you planning?" Killua said in a joking tone.

"It's a surprise, do you trust me?" Gon asked.

"I do, let's just hope I won't regret it," Killua answered, quietly laughing to himself. He could feel Gon awkwardly trying to guide him while keeping his eyesight covered. He was a tad bit shorter than Killua and was glancing up and down just to make sure he wasn't going to ruin the surprise. After walking for only a few seconds, Gon lets his hands fall to his side and allows Killua to take in the view.

Once Killua adjusted to the blazing sun, his jaw dropped. What he saw was something magical and majestic, something you'd think you'd only see in a movie. In a large clearing of land was a field of flowers, colors and all sorts of animals dominated the area. Butterflies were all around and the aroma, my god the aroma, it was the sweetest and the calmest scent Killua has ever smelt. It was like he was getting a hug by mother nature herself. The sun wasn't too hot and the breeze was perfect. Killua wanted to ask Gon how'd he find this place but he was awestruck by the sight he was met with when he turned around.

Gon was surrounded by countless butterflies, one landed on his nose and he let out a laugh. He made eye contact with Killua and approached him. "I found this place when I went out for the first time, I sort of got lost and that's how I discovered this amazing art piece by mother nature. I don't know anyone else that comes here so I'm guessing it's isolated. That means no one can judge you and you can relax without worrying about people's gazes and words. Also I kinda thought it would be fun to make some flower crowns together...." rubbing the back of his neck, Gon looked away as he was sort of embarrassed that he said that out loud.

Killua went into a fit of laughter at Gon's reaction, once he had finished he wiped his tears away before talking again. "It would be fun, let's do it." Killua said, trying to make Gon feel better. Both made their way to the center of the field as the prettiest flowers resided there. Gon took off his cloak and laid it down to be a blanket for the two. They started to collect flowers and Gon began to teach Killua how to properly make a flower crown and how to tie it once finished.

Gon understandably made a completed flower crown before Killua, but he didn't mind. Standing up, Gon put the crown he had just made on Killua's head and nodded in satisfaction. He then proceeded to gather more flowers to make some more. Killua carefully touched the crown on his head and let out a small smile, he would definitely treasure the crown for as long as he could.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Killua and Gon didn't expect for the time to go by so fast, how'd they know? The sun was currently setting. "Sunset already? Man, I really wanted to hang out some more. I gotta go Killua, I'm sorry. I had a lot of fun though! We should do this more often."

"I agree, we really should. We gotta start heading home though."

"How about I walk you home?" Gon suggested.

"It's alright, I can manage."

"Pleeeaseeee, what if you get lost?"

"I won't, I'll be fine."

"Still though, can I walk you home?" Gon asked, still trying to convince Killua he should take him home.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"No."

"Yes."

"HA, GOT YOU!!" Gon exclaimed, happy he caught Killua lacking. Knowing he probably wouldn't be able to get Gon off his tail if he didn't agree, Killua accepted his proposal. He led the way while Gon took in his surroundings, seeming to try and remember the path. Once Killua stopped, Gon looked up and his eyes lit up in astonishment. "YOU LIVE IN A TREEHOUSE!? YOU'RE SO COOL KILLUA!!"

Killua rolled his eyes jokingly before pushing Gon in the other direction. "Yes yes, super cool. You should be heading home now though. Bye bye." Once Gon got on his feet he turned to wave goodbye before heading back to the castle. Tired and sluggish, Killua dragged himself as he made his way up the ladder. Finally reaching the top, he face-planted onto his bed. After a few seconds had passed he turned onto his back to admire the crown he got from Gon. Hugging it, he reminisced on the memories from today, he really couldn't have been happier to have met Gon.