Chapter 22: PETE: -

Start from the beginning

"I mean... it is a very Vegas thing to do! Whatever I find attractive I just hide in a box, so its understandable. But still, that's how we fall in love? I know we have weird kinks, but damn I was crazy"

"Hahaha, yeah. This is also all to do with Tawan" Pete said.

'So, he is the problem?" Vegas said.

"Yes, and I just terminated him so we don't need to worry about that anymore. You know it will ruin our relationship in the future" Pete said and Vegas nodded.

"Well, thank god" Vegas said. "Continue the story"

"So basically, Porsche, Porschay, Macau and me have somehow come back in time and we had this opportunity to fix the past"

"Wait, no wonder Macau was so different"

"Oh, you will be so proud of Macau, he is 22 years old and in year 3 in his university"

"Really? Wow, that is so interesting to hear"

"And we have our own little family"

Vegas was so happy to hear this. "Really, who?"

"We both adopted this beautiful child, and his name is Venice" Pete said and he got a little teary eyed, even Vegas looked a bit excited. "We were even planning to get married on my grandmothers island"

"What! Why does the future sound way better than now" Vegas said happily but Pete's smile dropped.

"We were able to be happy because of the sacrifices that were made" Pete said and he frowned in confusion.

"What do you mean?' Vegas asked.

"Your father... he died" Pete said and Vegas didn't react, all he did was nod.

"You were pretty heartbroken" Pete said. "I remember it so vividly that day, but it still haunts me"

"Its okay, it's okay, don't cry" Vegas said, comforting the crying, Pete. "But we were happy right?"

"We were so happy! Our little family, no one could hurt us" Pete cried.

"You can stop if you want to" Vegas said and Pete shook his head refusing to stop.

"But the happiness didn't last long because that's when the masked man struck, he came and he broke the family, we didn't think it was Ohm at first, actually we didn't think it was Ohm at all... not until recently right now. Being betrayed by my best friend hurts, even though I try to hide it with my anger and frustration, I want to cry out because of this betrayal. I trusted him so much, he killed everyone Vegas! Everyone!"

"Pete, calm down. It's okay, I am here" Vegas said and hugged Pete tightly.

"I vowed to not fall in love with you again, but here I am" Pete said and Vegas laughed.

"Yeah, their was no way you were going to escape from me" Vegas kissed his cheek.

"But now I am scared" Pete said. "What if it happens again, I c-cant let it happen again"

Vegas thought for a moment and then moved Pete's hair out of his face and looked lovingly into his eyes. "Its okay, nothing bad will happen. You told me everything, and now that I know this time I will protect you, you don't need to worry anymore! You don't need to carry all this burden!"

"Its so hard!" Pete cried out even louder, with so much pain in his voice.

"Shhhh, I know... I know baby! I am here, let me be your shield this time! Nothing is going to harm you anymore. I will protect our little family" Vegas said and kissed Pete on the lips, Pete kissed him back and then Pete calmed down a bit before finishing the whole story, telling Vegas everything from the very beginning of the story to the very end, including everything hey did in this timeline.